Topic: Memo widget?

Anyone working on a widget just to leave a note on the Chumby screen?  Maybe even rotating reminders?

Re: Memo widget?

actually i have one that does essentially that in combination with several other things (clock, calendar, local weather), but i haven't "public-ed" it yet because i haven't gotten around to building an offline list of noaa codes so people can configure the weather part.   add me to your chums list and i'll send it to you (also tell me what city/state you're in so i can look up the noaa code for you).  maybe i'll get around to finishing that list then i could really "public" it.  at any rate, you could give me feedback on the concept. (by the way i'm "dnkorte")

dnkorte wrote:

actually i have one that does essentially that in combination with several other things (clock, calendar, local weather), but i haven't "public-ed" it yet because i haven't gotten around to building an offline list of noaa codes so people can configure the weather part.   add me to your chums list and i'll send it to you (also tell me what city/state you're in so i can look up the noaa code for you).  maybe i'll get around to finishing that list then i could really "public" it.  at any rate, you could give me feedback on the concept. (by the way i'm "dnkorte")

Could you send it to me also? I will add you to my chum list..

ok.  i sent it to the 3 of you who asked for it.  i also went ahead and finished up the configuration instructions and posted them at www.marvinsnotepad.com.  Please send me your feedback, and I will incorporate whatever improvements i can before i finalize this.  The widget is called "SuperClock".

Sounds cool (if a little technically over my head).  Much appreciated!

I'm in Stevenson Ranch, CA (91381), btw.

Me Too, In Miami Fl

Cool widget -- look forward to playing with it.

With regard to the memo function, I'm thinking something that can be entered in from the Chumby itself.

dnkorte, could you please send me the widget, it sounds good.  I am jremsen and have added you to my list.  thanks so much.

I'd like to try it out too. I've added you to my chums list. Zip code 35802.

Thanks!
krockne

10 (edited by huckfinn 2008-01-09 08:25:13)

dnkorte, I would also like to try your widget out. I checked out the screen capture on your page and this looks really nice. It has alot of information on one quick screen. I have added you to my list. My only suggestion from just looking at the screen capture is that some may want different colors. I for one am more into subdued colors so would prefer to change the colors up a little bit.

Thanks

-HuckFinn

dnkorte,

I thought of another suggestion. Could you have a small snowflake next to the temperature when it is below freezing and possibly have the snowflake flash when the temperature is right around the freezing point? This would serve as a freeze alert for dangerous road conditions, agriculture, etc.

Thanks

-HuckFinn

This superclock widget is looking nice. I was wondering if there would be a way to use the microphone function and be able to record a voice memo to the chumby. That would also be able to set it so it would play the memo at a particular time. How about that?
Yaesumofo

A Chumby in hand is worth 20 in the Wherehouse.

Hi
can you send me a copy
I am in Oregon WI 53575 (near Madison WI)

thanks
John
widiver

well, thank you to all who have tried this, and given me feedback.  i have heard no showstopper problems, so i am going to click the "public" button for this one.  thank you to all who have given me suggestions for enhancements, many of which i may add for future releases.

Hi - this sounds like a cool widget, thanks for making it public. I have just searched the "new" widget section but dont see it there - can you point me in the right direction?

thanks