1 (edited by mryan3 2007-12-02 20:46:13)

Topic: Flickr displaying very few photos

I have a photo set that I have registered on the chumby using the flicker widget; however, the widget seems content to simply cycle through the same five photos, over and over, even though I have over 50 in the set.  Am I doing something wrong?  I just have one set, which is viewable to friends and family only.  I successfully authorized the chumby, but like I said, it will only display the same five photos.

Thanks.

Re: Flickr displaying very few photos

You're not doing anything wrong.  We noticed that when Flickr photos are in a photoset or photo group, the Flickr API call that we're using returns very few photos.  You'll be able to see all those photos once we add support for photosets later this month.  Thanks for your patience as we improve this widget.

Use the Picasa widget that is out there.  jvc already has this one licked with his widget.

ha, thanks for the support gtm,

there is also another flickr widget called Mniml Slideshow (Flickr) in the widget labs section

Is there a way for me to grab that, getting sick of seeing these same 5 photos

yeah  - it should be available in the "widget laboratory" section in the first column when you chose widgets for the chumby

ah, ok, I see it.  The other one allows private photos though, don't wanna make my photos public.

Is there any update on when a new flickr widget will be available? I have only just begun uploading photos to flickr to use with my chumby. I have loaded a whopping 15 photos into flickr, but chumby is only showing 5 of them. As far as I know I have not organized them into photosets or groups but I am still having this same issue. I want to keep my photos private, so I am not interested in using the Mniml Slideshow or Picasa widget.

Thanks

-HuckFinn

The improved Flickr widget is now live.  You should be able to see more of your photos now, and you can also choose whether to only see your own photos or your friends photos.
In addition, if you organize photos in photo-sets, you'll see those sets in a drop-down list and be able to choose any set for display.  It will work with either public or private photos once you authenticate and grant the widget access.

Thanks this seems to be working, except it can not find my photosets. Now this could be because I just created the photoset. Maybe it takes a while for the change to carry through.  Any thoughts? It is able to show all of my recently added photos - which is all of them as I just created my flickr account a few weeks ago.

Thanks again.

-HuckFinn

It does seem to be working well for me, is there a maximum number of pictures it can handle?

12 (edited by huckfinn 2007-12-19 09:54:19)

Is it seeing your photosets? I created a photoset for my Chumby, named "Chumby" and the configuration page just says "No Photosets Found". What could I be doing wrong. The photos are marked private but they do show up if I choose "Recently Added by you". Do the photosets need to be public?

-HuckFinn

unfortunately, I am not using Photosets, I only use flickr for chumby photos.  I know, sounds dumb.

My fear was that if I used the "Recently Updated by You" option, my photos would eventually not be shown as only newer photos would be picked.

That is all I am using flickr for as well. I only chose flickr as I want to keep my photos private. I guess Picasa doesn't really secure your photos, they just do not publish the link. Flickr seems to have more options for sharing your photos with friends/family.

-HuckFinn

you can try the Dailio widget when it goes live.  Works via e-mail and no other services to sign up for.

-John Forsythe
www.jforsythe.com

Where is the new Flickr widget available?  Do I have to uninstall the old one?  I'm not seeing the photoset option....

Threemoons:  there's nothing to uninstall, but it's possible that your browser cached the old version of the configuration script.  Clear your browser's cache, and try it again.

Has this been updated lately? The configuration page still does not show any of my photosets, only recent photos are available. I have tried clearing my browsers cache, even using a different computer and no change.

-HuckFinn

19 (edited by huckfinn 2008-01-06 18:55:05)

This Flickr widget has been locking up on me lately. I will come in and it will be stuck on a certain photo. Sometimes if I reload the channel it will fix it, other times I have to change to a different channel and then back to this channel. I only have the Flickr widget in this channel. Anyone have any thoughts?

-HuckFinn

I just tried the Flickr widget today.  I have a brand new Flickr account with 135 images (320x240 size). I only get a few images on the Chumby as well. I don't think this is the updated widget.