Topic: Hanging at Startup, blue screen or split screen and buzzing sound

The beta was working fine for me until today. I turned chumby on and it prompted for an update.

it said install over network or install via USB  (but both were greyed out) and the only thing I could click was cancel...
then the chumby makes cracking noises thru the speaker and the screen would split (half lit up white, have not)

I would restart, and same thing happens.

I revered back to non-beta version and all came on fine.  So I turned beta BACK on, and restarted.

Same thing happened. Except this time I just get a blue flickering screen....

ideas?

not sure which version I have because I can't get to control panel from beta

Re: Hanging at Startup, blue screen or split screen and buzzing sound

oh... it sayus SPECIAL OPTIONS on the screen before locking up and going crazy

Weird - don't know what to say - except that the "Special Options" screen is on a totally different partition and doesn't even download a Control Panel, let alone the Beta.

If I think of something, I'll post - in the meantime, anyone else seeing this?

This happened while I was using a 9v battery on chumby... i plugged it back in, restarted and did a completely factory reset.

AFTER doing that, and then re-selecting the beta, everything was back to normal...

not sure if any of this is related...but I got music back so I'm very happy smile

Ah - yeah, the "going crazy" is a sign of not enough power from the battery.

so I can't use a battery w/ the beta version?  this was a brand-new 9v battery...

The new Control Panel doesn't treat the battery any differently than the release version.

I'm out of town at the moment, so I don't have sufficient resources to reproduce the behavior you're seeing until I get back to the office.

I have the same problem

I guess I have a similar problem? Any brand new battery that I try, only powers the chumby, in night mode, for about 30 seconds. I think my chumby is power power hog smile smile