Topic: Options

Will the Chumby possibly have the ability to be USB adaptable towards allowing me to upload my own flash? Or will I have to build that myself..
I'm all willing to. Just.. ihave alot of flash I can put on.. and I'd like to be able to hack in my own start up screen *just because I have one built already.. a good few hours in flash*

Re: Options

Yes, the goal is to be able to put your own Flash movies on the device directly as well as through the network service.

There will be a section of the wiki that explains more about what can and cannot do with Flash on this device.  It's running FlashLite 2.0, which is a specialized embedded version of Flash 7.  There are some Flash 7 features missing and, of course, you must take into consideration the performance of the processor.

of course. It's mainly just short videos that wouldn't take up much cpu usage on it. and not to mention it'd interact with the touch screen. and has a completely functional GUI as well as a small file size. And is of course compatable with flash 7 actionscirpt 2.0

OK - one thing that FlashLite unfortunately doesn't support is video - even if the Flash supported it, there's no way this processor could handle it.  This is not a desktop computer - it's roughly equivalent in performance to a PC of around 1995.

The processor does have built-in support for MPEG4 decoding, but we haven't yet exposed that to the Flash layer.  Hopefully soon.

I'll have more details about the environment soo - in the meantime, you might review the documentation on FlashLite on Adobe/Macromedia's site.  While we're running FlashLite 2.0, some of the issues in the FlashLite 1.1 documentation, such as how to design movies around low-performance processors, still apply.

no no no.. I mean.. the video is all done in flash.. it's more of an app.. I don't think it could even be classified as a video.
and it's done to work well with Low or Medium flash .

Ok Heres My "Mod" Plan For chumby When i get one-
Get Windows Embedded on it.
hack the processer to a AMD Turion Mobile
hack the ram to 1 GB
Make A External Harddrive
make a usb spilter
Make A USB Keyobard And Mouse(Could be Wireless I Guess)
Add A VGA Output
And That will Be It.Desktop without the desktop

Sounds risky! I like it!

zlnetworks, you lie. in your first post you say "when i get one", then just now you say "it WAS risky, but it WORKS". make your mind up. do you have a chumby or not?

need upload space for the forums or a chumby blog? right here then
http://www.nophus.com/useru
username is chumby
password is chumby