Topic: Ripple effect in LCD.

I noticed since day one, that when I pick up my chumby or use my stylus on the LCD I have a major ripple effect on the center right side of my LCD. It seems like something is pushing on the backside of the LCD very hard. I can use my stylus on the top left corner of the screen and get a very noticeable ripple effect on the center right side of the screen, even when I use it anywhere on the screen, it appears every time. I'm not pressing hard at all. I'm using the click on screen touch sound so I know when the touch has been registered and you don't have to press hard at all, only a slight tap is need with the stylus. The ripple never appears where I touch the screen (IE:Under stylus point.) only on the center right side, unless of course I touch in the area with the rippling, thats when it is very noticeable.

I tried moving some of the stuffing around with my finger but that didn't help it at all. Is there anything else I can try?

I would just like to know if this will warrant a RMA? Now I know this is not normal. I could understand if I was pressing hard, but I'm not. It's very annoying, I thought I could live with it but I actually use my chumby a lot and it just eating at me the more I use it. I've owned many Cell phones, PDA's, Laptops, Monitors, and have never had this type problem with a touch screen before.

Thanks,

Vinny

2 (edited by dwatson 2007-12-11 17:06:01)

Re: Ripple effect in LCD.

Mine does this too. I figured this was normal for this particular screen. My expensive Cisco 7970 phone at work does this as well. I think it is probably just the nature of somewhat larger touchscreens. Things like cell phones and PDAs have small enough screens that they can keep them from doing that. If you touch your laptop screen or LCD monitor and they don't have a hard plastic coating on them, I can assure you that you will see an LCD ripple effect.

(touches laptop screen as he writes this) Yep. It is there.