Topic: Chumby drops out of nightmode randomly at night.

I know some people had reported this earlier, but I had never had any issues with it until the new beta control panel. Twice now in the middle of the night my chumby has "woken" from night mode. Once with the last beta control panel, and once with the new one. It was not due to any alarms being set, and the widget in the background was the LED clock widget.

Minor bug, any I can't reproduce it, as it seems to be completely random.

Anyone else now having this issue?

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Re: Chumby drops out of nightmode randomly at night.

I have a feeling this is due to a watchdog timer restarting the Flash player.  I'll address the restoration of Night Mode on restart in the next beta.

Thanks

The watchdog has randomly restarted the control panel on me several times since updating to the new beta. Probably happened more often, but I only caught it when the streaming radio was running.

Like I said, just a minor bug and to be expected in a beta release.
On the same note, I have yet to have my Chumby freeze up or crash on me, which I find impressive given that many release versions of gadgets I own still have a tendency to become unstable (yes Treo 680, I am talking about you).

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."