Topic: Anybody working on a PicassaWeb widget?

I've seen the Flickr widget out there, but was wondering if anyone has considered taking on the task of doing the same for PicassWeb?

Re: Anybody working on a PicassaWeb widget?

I can look into it. It will probably depend on if Picasa has an RSS feed or not.

http://picasaweb.google.com/data/feed/b … r/USERNAME

Replace USERNAME with the username of the person (obviously).

Thanks everybody!

i got a beta one going. the main issue is that you need a php proxy to get around google not having a crossdomain file.

I also found out that flash lite 3 doesn't have setTimeout as Flash 8 does

Thanks for looking into this.  I've seen other folks asking for the same, so I'm sure if you can make it through the hurdles there will plenty of happy people out there.

I put the picasa widget up as public. Hopefully it is available under Photos>PicasaMediaPlayer. I am not sure if people can see it  as the upload page says something about public widgets be reviewed by Chumby. if you can't see it send me a message (or add jvcleave as a chum) and I can send it to you as a chum.

I got video incorporated as well. I don't have it automatically playing video but you can you can play it by touching the picture when a video screen/picture goes by. I plan on adding more play control to the video next.

If it doesn't load the first time check it on the virtual chumby first. I had some weirdness with file load errors from google the first time an album was added.(Maybe a google caching thing?) But once it plays through once it all seems to be  good.

Enjoy...

I can't get it to work with my username, NolanTouchstone .  It says no albums found, but I have one album.  What am I doing wrong?

9 (edited by jvc 2007-11-20 19:54:12)

it's a bug. I am going to fix it now. In the meantime if you create a second album it should work. It's a single item array deal....

//Edit - it's fixed now, I just tested it with a single album and it worked ok. For now just make sure you have at least 2 photos in the album

Also, it's currently located in the "Widgets Laboratory" Category. Hopefully it will get moved to Photos soon...

What happened to the Picasa Widget? I had it yesterday but it wouldn't load my album. Removed it from my Default to add it to my Experimental channel and it's gone... back to the drawing board?

When an author makes a change to a public widget, it goes private again - this prevents people trojaning the system by initially posting an innocent widget, then replacing it will something offensive after it's been made public.

I've re-enabled jvc's widget.

Thanks guys!  It's working great.

Doesn't work for me - I guess because my albums aren't public. I didn't see any way to enter your password.

Yes, they must be public.

Thank you for making the Picasa widget!  I'd really like to see a way that you can manually change the picture like the flickr widget (doesn't have to be a fancy "slide" animation) instead of waiting for the timeout, which happens to be a bit too long between pictures (IMO).  At least have the dwell time configurable.

I updated the widget today with a few new features. Unfortunately, because I have updated it you may see the widget go offline until chumby reactivates it.

- It progressively downloads photos instead of the previous method of downloading the album. In short you you should see the slideshow start much quicker.
The side effect of this is that your albums won't be in order as the speed they are downloaded is dictating when they are shown

- The Fade time and Photo Duration is now customizable

- If you touch a non-video photo the slideshow will advance. If it is a video the video will still play.