Topic: Chumby's not feeling very Comcastic

So the aging WRT54GL router that used to host my chumby farm recently died, and I've been trying to get them to connect directly to the Comcast/Xfinity XB3 cablemodem instead. As you may have already guessed, this isn't working out. I'm able to connect with my PC (wired/wifi) and my phone & tablet (wifi), but when I try to set up a new connection on a chumby I just get "chumby.com is unreachable".

I tried switching between WPA2-PSK(AES) and WPA WPA2-PSK(TKIP/AES) without success, and switching from 802.11 g/n to b/g/n, but neither seemed to do the job.

Is there some trick I'm missing out on, or do I need to pick up another old router just to keep these guys alive?

Re: Chumby's not feeling very Comcastic

Does your router support the 2.4GHz band?

Yup. Both 2.4 and 5GHz, but I tried three different chumbies (I've never been sure... is the proper plural chumbies or chumbys?) and...

Dammit!

On a whim I just now tried again with the one on my desk. And it worked. And then it worked on the other two, too.

Is it possible they got carsick on the drive to my new apt, and they just needed a little longer to recover?

Or are they just colluding to make my life difficult? Because they should know, it's plenty difficult already.

-Bats
#outwittedbychumbys

Chumbys are in their teens now, so this type of behavior is to be expected, as any parent of a teen can tell you.

Uh oh... does that mean that in a few more years they're going to be moving out and leaving me all alone? Because I'm not sure I can cope with that.