Topic: Add radio stream to Blue Octy

I did a search for Blue Octy Music and didn’t find any topic on requesting music stations being added.
The question is:
Can the Bay area Classical radio station stream be added to the Blue Octy list?
KDCF
//playerservices.streamtheworld.com/pls/KDFCFM2.pls

I am a paid member of this noncommercial radio station and own two unbricked Sony dash HID-C10.
Thanks in advance for the help.

Re: Add radio stream to Blue Octy

I'm afraid I don't remember how to add stations to BOR, but we'll take a look at it when Duane has time.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

Added, should be at the bottom of the list....

Give it a try, let me know if it works.  I'm on the road so I can't test it directly.

A big Thank You for your fast work. I check the Dash this morning and the station was there. I am playing the station now in my office on the second Dash.
Chris

This url could have been added by him to his My Streams, correct?

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.

Yes.

I just thought BlueOcty Radio may get a little cluttered if everyone starts to ask for * their* favorite station to be added. I would suggest starting another list of urls of extraordinary stations that Chumthuists would recommend. Then each person can add them to their MyStreams list. I have quite a few myself.
This feature is just one reason Chumby is a great affordable alternative to "internet" radios like Sagean, Grace, Squeezebox etc.

demarks51 wrote:

I just thought BlueOcty Radio may get a little cluttered if everyone starts to ask for * their* favorite station to be added. I would suggest starting another list of urls of extraordinary stations that Chumthuists would recommend. Then each person can add them to their MyStreams list. I have quite a few myself.
This feature is just one reason Chumby is a great affordable alternative to "internet" radios like Sagean, Grace, Squeezebox etc.

I have a Grace radio and really like it. It is not a replacement for my Chumbys however. The Chumby (C8) in the living room is used to play music (through a stereo) but also shows weather (x2), time/date, and photos. Around Christmas it also counts down the days to Christmas.

Tar, feathers, congress. Some assembly required.

I also use my I8 to play music through a stereo speaker system in my living room.

For those who might want a way to add streaming radio stations in bulk to the My Streams function on their Chumby (or chumbified Dash), you want to look at the instructions in this spreadsheet:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rhnwwo0btpvrh … s.xls?dl=0

The first tab of that spreadsheet provides step-by-step instructions on how to do this, while the other pages provide streams to a few dozen radio stations, a text file that you can paste into the url_streams file on your Chumby, and a page of streams for Clear Channel radio stations.

Of course, I do not guarantee that all of the streams still work. For various reasons, radio stations do change their streaming provider every once in a while.

Thanks for this!

ehertz wrote:

For those who might want a way to add streaming radio stations in bulk to the My Streams function on their Chumby (or chumbified Dash), you want to look at the instructions in this spreadsheet:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rhnwwo0btpvrh … s.xls?dl=0

The first tab of that spreadsheet provides step-by-step instructions on how to do this, while the other pages provide streams to a few dozen radio stations, a text file that you can paste into the url_streams file on your Chumby, and a page of streams for Clear Channel radio stations.

Of course, I do not guarantee that all of the streams still work. For various reasons, radio stations do change their streaming provider every once in a while.

Owner of three C1's, Infocast 3.5, Sony Dash C10, and Infocast 8. A tinkerer at heart and IT director by trade.