Re: Sony Dash HID-C10 Original Firmware, Themes, and File Downloads

I thought with Sony gone, the apps wouldn't work? What app is running if you restore the "appview" theme?

Is there a local weather radar feed we can use with the current tools? That is what I miss most.

horseflesh wrote:

I thought with Sony gone, the apps wouldn't work? What app is running if you restore the "appview" theme?

Is there a local weather radar feed we can use with the current tools? That is what I miss most.

OUR widgets (apps) work. (most of them, anyway).

http://www.chumby.com/guide

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

28 (edited by riblet2000 2017-08-13 11:49:38)

horseflesh wrote:

If you are in the USA you can work around it somewhat (it is the latest static image) by adding the "URLImage" widget to a channel and then using the following URL for the image:

http://radblast.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/radar/WUNIDS_map?station=LOT

Substitute your local NEXRAD radar for "LOT", which is Chicago.  For example, St. Louis is "LSX".  Los Angeles is "SOX".   The map below shows each radar station with it's site ID preceded by a "K".  Leave off the K and enter the next three letters.

https://www.roc.noaa.gov/WSR88D/Maps.aspx

Thanks @riblet2000 !

I added more stock control panels..

Owner of three C1's, Infocast 3.5, Sony Dash C10, and Infocast 8. A tinkerer at heart and IT director by trade.

31 (edited by Geaux Tigers 2018-01-15 08:44:25)

I can not get the 1526 software to load on my Dash.  The checking network and USB options are both grayed out.  The only option that is not grayed out is the cancel option.  I am currently running the 1461 software.

I know my USB stick is OK because I was able to load the Chumby software onto my Dash using this same USB stick.

Any suggestions?

Added instructions...

Owner of three C1's, Infocast 3.5, Sony Dash C10, and Infocast 8. A tinkerer at heart and IT director by trade.

Drexful, thanks so much for getting all these together, I'm surprised there is not more feedback on this page. I've been experimenting with the stock control panels and so far cant get any of them to get past "Authorizing..." when starting up. Have you been able to get these to work successfully if so how?

The stock dash Control Panels won't work because the Sony servers they require are no longer online - hence stuck on "authorizing".

Duane wrote:

The stock dash Control Panels won't work because the Sony servers they require are no longer online - hence stuck on "authorizing".

Ah, duh yeah that makes sense. Thanks, guess these couldn't work without some editing.

JMcG26 wrote:
Duane wrote:

Ah, duh yeah that makes sense. Thanks, guess these couldn't work without some editing.

You should be able to use JPEXS decompiler and parse through the control panel code.. I haven't had much time to do this since the Chumby CP is working well.. I will admit I prefer to use the Sony theme exclusively - it is more polished and fits the device functionality better IMO.

37 (edited by latata83 2019-01-23 08:09:53)

I have a Sony Dash HID-C10 with two problems:
1. I cannot get internet wi-fi connection (wlan0 link is down is the message I get in every connection attempt); I don't have any issue with phones, computers, smart tv's...
2. I have access to the clock option, but I really want to have the photo display option. Do I have to follow the unbrick procedure?

thanks!!

Unfortunately, getting a stock Sony CP to authenticate is not just a matter of editing some URLs - it uses an entirely different authentication mechanism than regular chumby devices.

Upon boot, the Sony middleware contacts a Sony server that downloads an XML manifest, which for the dash included a special token that correlated a data record on the Sony Style service with a chumby account - basically the Sony server told us which account to use for widgets, and they handled the same for the video and audio services (Netflix, etc).  That correlation would occasionally fail, resulting an unfortunately common but confounding error called a "device/suit mismatch" that required direct manual intervention by Sony to correct.

The dash also supported an odd "use without activation" system which was fraught with problems - it created a sort-of "anonymous" account on the chumby systems that never really worked well and were difficult to provide customer support for since we couldn't figure out what account belonged to a user that contacted us for help.

The Sony server no longer responds to the middleware request.  One of the more fundamental things that the Chumby CP for dash does is use the standard chumby-style (internally called "DLA") authentication, including the very successful "ovals" activation system.

The rewrite of the chumby servers that I did a few years ago removed all of the code that was used to support the Sony authentication, which greatly simplified things.

latata83 wrote:

I have a Sony Dash HID-C10 with two problems:
1. I cannot get internet wi-fi connection (wlan0 link is down is the message I get in every connection attempt); I don't have any issue with phones, computers, smart tv's...
2. I have access to the clock option, but I really want to have the photo display option. Do I have to follow the unbrick procedure?

thanks!!

This is off topic, but I will try to help. Make sure your wireless AP or wireless "router" is setup to allow 2.4 Ghz WPA connections. If you haven't performed the unbrick procedure since the Sony servers went offline, then you need to perform that procedure first.

One thing you could try is messing with the 1.7.1361 firmware I posted. That one is the last "exploitable" version by Sony.

1371 had crontab in the PSP partition to enable SSH. From there you could unpack the cramFS and PSP images and make modifications, then repack them to perform a firmware update. You'd have to look at the unbrick files to "merge" as well or contact the dev team for tips. I believe there is a caveat with hardware signing checks on the FW images.

There are more options than simply just using the unbricked firmware from here. I personally don't have the time to look at it right now even though I want to.

This guy might be someone who knows a lot as well. https://www.reddit.com/r/SonyDash/comme … heres_how/

JMcG26 wrote:

Drexful, thanks so much for getting all these together, I'm surprised there is not more feedback on this page. I've been experimenting with the stock control panels and so far cant get any of them to get past "Authorizing..." when starting up. Have you been able to get these to work successfully if so how?

Hey guys,

Does anyone have copies or links to Sony's Home Screen Themes and Stock Control Panels?
Links on page 1 (anonfile) are no longer valid. Thanks

42 (edited by drexful 2022-10-09 19:49:45)

eagle917 wrote:

Hey guys,

Does anyone have copies or links to Sony's Home Screen Themes and Stock Control Panels?

Hi. I updated the links with working downloads. Enjoy!

-Drex

drexful wrote:
eagle917 wrote:

Hey guys,

Hi. I updated the links with working downloads. Enjoy!

-Drex

Hi,

Can you upload the themes again? The firmware links appears to be good but the themes are not. Maybe it keeps getting removed because Anonfiles do not like SWF flash files? (thinking it is malicious)

Thanks!

Can someone send me a link to the app_launcher theme please or any of the others. Wouldn't mind trying some of these and see what works and what doesn't.

hi to all!
links of control panel and all themes are not longer valid,
can someone could help us?
thanks in advance

Bernie_Alva wrote:

hi to all!
links of control panel and all themes are not longer valid,
can someone could help us?
thanks in advance

The site that was hosting them ("anonfile.com") shut down in August 2023.

Hopefully drexful can find another site to host the files - *especially* the critical 1526 firmware image.

47 (edited by drexful 2023-11-03 19:39:36)

Hi. I am currently trying to locate the files on my hard drives and will create Mega links to the files. Stay tuned for an update.

Edit: I cannot seem to find the flash files or my Dash for that matter.. So much for my disorganization smile  I have updated some of the files that I found and will update the rest when I can.