Topic: Dash doesn't automatically reconnect to network after power outage

I have a pair of Sony Dashes running Chumby Software and when I loose power one of the Dashes automatically finds my wireless network and the other one gets stuck on the network discovery screen and I have to select a network and click next several times to get back to the clock. 

Is there a setting/button that I am missing that will get my second Dash to automatically log into the network?

Re: Dash doesn't automatically reconnect to network after power outage

It sounds like one is failing to set up the network as fast as the other one.  All else being equal, that's usually due to a weak signal.

Please physically swap the units to see if the problem is with the device or the location.

I have a Chumby 8 in my garage. The signal quality isn't great out there. Sometimes it will fail to auto-connect when it reboots. It does run fine once it is connected.

Tar, feathers, congress. Some assembly required.

4 (edited by Wally 2018-11-18 05:48:46)

@bobster99 I have the same problem that U. This is not about wireless quality signal. Did you solve it ?

5 (edited by shezam 2018-11-27 05:34:29)

Very strange....Same reconnect issue here as well. I did not relocate either my Dash or Router, but recently after any reboot my Dash has issues automatically connecting to my network. It keeps searching and fails.  Once I bring it closer (much closer) then it picks up the network! What could be the issue?  The signal detection on the dash has degraded, bizarre?   I have not noticed any other issues at my home with the Router....Help/Advice, etc.....  sad

BoloMKXXVIII wrote:

I have a Chumby 8 in my garage. The signal quality isn't great out there. Sometimes it will fail to auto-connect when it reboots. It does run fine once it is connected.

Thanks, but my issue is more than just sometimes; since recently, it happens to go into try to reconnect and fail mode every time after a reboot, unless I move it much closer to the router.  Router is fine, no other issues, but the Dash has perhaps 'decayed' it signal pick up detection capabilities over the years ?!?!?

I'm having the same issue. My Dash locks up trying to set an alarm. I suspect connectivity issues and am having an ATT tech come out tomorrow to check. The tech on the phone ran a remote diagnostic and said I have signal quality issues. I notice my Android phone reconnecting to the network throughout the day and my Magic Jack phone service has been going out constantly lately.

Duane wrote:

It sounds like one is failing to set up the network as fast as the other one.  All else being equal, that's usually due to a weak signal.

Please physically swap the units to see if the problem is with the device or the location.

I did exactly this, the symptoms did not change. The one with connection issues is now next to my Wi-Fi access point and I sometimes have to go through the re-connect sequence 2 or 3 times.