Topic: occassional blink

Two of my Dash units blink every once in a while, not often. Could the power supply be going bad?

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.

Re: occassional blink

Mine does too!  I reported it back in early August.  The screen flicker occurs every 13 - 15 minutes.  I thought that it was the app but when I change to a different one, it does the same thing.  It gets quite annoying sometimes.

3 (edited by demarks51 2018-05-03 07:33:27)

Bump
Is there a solution to the occasional blink the my ChumDash units do? Many times throughout the day (couple of times an hour) there is a serious blink (click to blackness to back to normal). I don't find that to happen to any of my Chumby/Infocast units.

Mine doesn't do that.  How stable is your AC power?

I would be suspicious of the power supply too BUT all three doing this independently? They don't do it together and there doesn't seem to be a timed routine for it. Would inconsistent Internet do this? I found out that my modem is outdated and will not handle the upgraded speeds of my service. I have a new modem on the way. I am getting only 1/6 the speed I should be getting.

How long does the "blink" last?  Does turn off and on suddenly, or does it fade in and out over a second or two?

7 (edited by demarks51 2018-05-03 15:43:55)

Like an eye blink. 2 sec or less. No fade. Off then on.