Re: UNBRICK YOUR HID-C10 DASH

Anyone is welcome to post any information about UI and/or coding bugs and I will file them for future development.

There's no doubt that there are bugs with the dash Control Panel - we had quite a few testers, but the development period was very short.  The goal was to get something out that was sufficiently functional for people to be able to continue to use their devices once Sony pulled the plug.

Duane wrote:

The goal was to get something out that was sufficiently functional for people to be able to continue to use their devices once Sony pulled the plug.

And you succeeded in a way that still makes me smile.

As one of those who was forced to put up with months-long outages with the Sony servers, authentication failures and enough negligence to put me off buying anything with a Sony logo on it for quite some time, I can happily report that since my Dash was rescued from the sinking ship that was Sony's infrastructure I have had zero downtime.  None.  That alone is worth $3/mo.  Before it was weekly and sometimes for months at a time.

I'm 60 years old and have been programming (that's what it was called before the kids changed it to "coding") for more than three decades and once I get some free time I intend to contribute to the Chumbysphere, but in the meantime I want to thank Duane and everyone else who managed to do something unique on the Internet of Things...rescue an orphan.

In all fairness, I do reboot, and upgrade the servers here, but it's *usually* short enough that most of the devices don't do anything but hiccup briefly, if that. smile

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

204 (edited by riblet2000 2018-02-16 22:10:23)

Prior to being Chumbyized, my Dash would be sitting on my office bookcase blankly staring into the room waiting for me to reboot it at least once every couple of weeks.  And then there was The Gap, which everyone fell into during Sony's inability to keep the authentication system going and resulted in months of downtime.

You have yet to cause even a blip.

smile

riblet2000 wrote:

Prior to being Chumbyized, my Dash would be sitting on my office bookcase blankly staring into the room waiting for me to reboot it at least once every couple of weeks.  And then there was The Gap, which everyone fell into during Sony's inability to keep the authentication system going and resulted in months of downtime.

You have yet to cause even a blip.

smile

Oh stop... you're going to make me blush wink

Can someone help me with the 1.7.1526 firmware zip file?  The link in one of the forum posts takes me to AnonFile, and the download listed is for an Adobe Flash .dmg.  Avast pops up indicating that it's a virus.  Is there anyone that can tell me where to get a good version of the firmware so I can chumbyize my Dash?  Thanks.

The file at https://anonfile.com/v0V2W6bbb3/Dash1.7.1526update.zip appears to be sane.  Chrome reports it as being potentially bad, but it matches the md5 checksum of the update file I had direct from Sony, and matches the md5 listed elsewhere in this forum.

% md5sum Dash1.7.1526update.zip
35f49ae0b19aee592189297039cccd9e  Dash1.7.1526update.zip

I just tried it again and got the same result - It's an AdobeFlashPlayerInstaller.dmg file. Am I doing something wrong?

sweh wrote:

The file at https://anonfile.com/v0V2W6bbb3/Dash1.7.1526update.zip appears to be sane.  Chrome reports it as being potentially bad, but it matches the md5 checksum of the update file I had direct from Sony, and matches the md5 listed elsewhere in this forum.

% md5sum Dash1.7.1526update.zip
35f49ae0b19aee592189297039cccd9e  Dash1.7.1526update.zip

:lols: all this time later, I STILL remember that cccd9e hash

dvdan1 wrote:

I just tried it again and got the same result - It's an AdobeFlashPlayerInstaller.dmg file. Am I doing something wrong?

I just tried the link that sweh posted, worked for me.