Topic: Widget Suggestion: Simple Kitchen timer

I am surprised there's no timer for the Chumby.

A simple kitchen timer would be great. Just three buttons: one of +min, one for +hour, and one for start/stop timer.  I am sure you could add other features, but that's a good start.  I am always using Kalarm to remind me about a roast, or if laundry's done.

Re: Widget Suggestion: Simple Kitchen timer

Right on - I was thinking about suggesting that!

The only thing I'd add to that is the ability to communicate with a computer on my home network, so that when the timer goes off, it can do so on my computer, as well.

great suggestion!

4 (edited by yetiwisdom 2007-11-20 12:50:49)

I love this idea too - last night was making some nice Basmati rice and a timer would have been perfect. Plus, I think it's a natural considering I'm sure many users will want to use their Chumby in their kitchen (as opposed to bedroom).

And for the geek level functionality:

When the timer is triggered, Chumby could ping a local web server on a computer with a URL request, so a coordinated action could take place. E.g. I have music playing on my headphones, but when the timer is on, the iTunes stops and let me actually hear the timer.

Or ping me via IM interface or something. Then Chumby could be talking to me wherever I am.