Topic: search frequency limitation

Back when forums were hosted on TRS-80s, it sometimes made sense to have a limitation like PubBB's (this forum/bulletinboard),
resulting in a message like:

At least 30 seconds have to pass between searches. Please wait a while and try searching again.

Both, those years are decades gone smile

Can we get this search limit removed, please?

I tried to search to see if my question was answered ... the first search had no hits, the second was rejected
by that time limit!

Yes, I know I can do a google search:   site:forum.chumby.com
but if you want me to to that, then get rid of the search entirely.
Or, better yet, turn your search into a google search, so you don't have to host the search engine & data smile

thanks,

Stan

Re: search frequency limitation

sieler wrote:

Back when forums were hosted on TRS-80s, it sometimes made sense to have a limitation like PubBB's (this forum/bulletinboard),
resulting in a message like:

At least 30 seconds have to pass between searches. Please wait a while and try searching again.

Both, those years are decades gone smile

Can we get this search limit removed, please?

I tried to search to see if my question was answered ... the first search had no hits, the second was rejected
by that time limit!

Yes, I know I can do a google search:   site:forum.chumby.com
but if you want me to to that, then get rid of the search entirely.
Or, better yet, turn your search into a google search, so you don't have to host the search engine & data smile

thanks,

Stan

I'm not seeing that limit.  Perhaps it's a new user restriction.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

could very well be ... annoying, since that's the kind of user probably most likely to search smile

Duane and I figured out why I wasn't seeing it, and reduced it to something that hopefully is a better compromise against any bots trying to drive the server load through the roof, and humans.. (5 seconds).

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

thanks!