1 (edited by demarks51 2017-11-06 17:28:15)

Topic: Infocast3 needs some help

I have a I3 that will not boot up. I think it got wet since is was posted in the kitchen window. Want a project or parts? Contact me and see if I can get this to you.

I also am looking for a CC that DOES work.

Update: Now I have 2 I3s that don't work. sad

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.

Re: Infocast3 needs some help

demarks51, seems like you need to be more careful with your Chumby charges. Remember, they are on the list of "threatened" species.

Tar, feathers, congress. Some assembly required.

3 (edited by demarks51 2017-11-07 07:03:25)

This one that broke last night was on the back of I3 where you plug in the power supply. I had one break a while back. I'm just not good with soldering. The other one kept having problems because I think it was getting damp from sitting on the window sill in the kitchen. My wife and daughters like to listen to the radio while in the kitchen cooking/cleaning. I would like to have something to replace at least one of these units. I guess I can just send these to Duane for parts.

The one with the plug/power supply issue may well be fixable.

5 (edited by demarks51 2017-11-07 07:00:06)

Need a free project? Just need to ship to interested party. It shouldn't cost too much.

Added: the power supplies seem to be fine so I will just keep them in case I find a unit w/o PS.

demarks51 wrote:

Need a free project? Just need to ship to interested party. It shouldn't cost too much.

Added: the power supplies seem to be fine so I will just keep them in case I find a unit w/o PS.

Just sent you a PM.

Sick today but hopefully get this in the mail soon.

demarks51 wrote:

Sick today but hopefully get this in the mail soon.

No rush. Thanks.

Thank you dmarks51. The card was very thoughtful. I appreciate the cash (though it was not necessary). I hope you enjoy your Chumby (Infocast 3.5) for a long time.

As generous as you have been, I didn't want you to be responsible for paying for shipping this working Chumby back to me. It seems to be doing great. Thanks again for making this happen. Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas to you too.