Topic: Reflashed the firmware by accident. Please Help!

Hi All-

So, for the longest time I left my Dash on night mode. It wasn't bricked.

I decided finally to chumbyize. However I followed the stickied 'Unbrick your dash' instructions thread by mistake instead of the no-reply stickied 'chumbyize' thread. Now my Dash is stuck on the 'network configuration' screen.

Have I just screwed myself over, or is there a way forward? My screen still says "network configuation please wait" and my usb dongle is still plugged in...

Re: Reflashed the firmware by accident. Please Help!

I mean, the Dash rebooted, and I entered by wifi setting. Is it safe to unplug the Dash while its on the network config screen and re-insert usb dongle with chumby instructions? Or will i want to do something else?

Ok yeah, so I screwed up the thread subject title. English majors have a go!

...And so I unplugged Dash from wall, tried to put in chumby-only usb. Didn't work. Screen went between white and black.

Is there a way to "unbrick" with sony offline? I think the only reason I went for the unbrick sticky instructions thread instead of the chumby one is because there were new replies to it and I momentarily forgot about the chumby instructions thread.

Working from a chromebook now, so I can't get the chumby unzip to stay on the usb.

If I simply unzipped the chumby files onto the existing "unbrick" usb and re-plugged that it, would that work?

Doing the 'unbrick' is nothing more than a way to flash the firmware without having to actually tap the screen to tell it to load firmware off USB.

So, that's all you've done.  It's at the network config screen because it doesn't know anything at all, it's like it's fresh out of the box.

You'll have to put in your network info, and at some point, do the chumby setup.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

geewhiz wrote:

Working from a chromebook now, so I can't get the chumby unzip to stay on the usb.

I don't know what that means.

geewhiz wrote:

If I simply unzipped the chumby files onto the existing "unbrick" usb and re-plugged that it, would that work?

It's better to not have the firmware and other files from the unbricking on the usb.

Simply unzipping the chumby files onto the existing "unbrick" usb and re-plugging won't work. If you're stuck at the network config screen, enter your network details and see what happens. Like diamaunt said, you'll have to setup chumby again.