1 (edited by nightmode 2017-11-12 17:27:12)

Topic: Yay, got my Night Mode clock back

Thank you for the efforts to extend the life of the Dash.

I received my Dash as a gift, and I really wanted to like it.  But after a while, I gave up.  It just didn't work like a regular clock radio.  Too many buttons to push.  I ended up using it strictly as a clock in Night Mode, and as such it was perfect.  When Sony pulled the plug, I searched the internet for a similar clock, but I came up with nothing.  Nothing with the elegant display.  Nothing with the perfect brightness, almost like a reverse Kindle.  So, I followed the instructions posted on this forum, and voila, I've got my clock back!

I like tinkering with software, but I doubt I'll have the time.  But if I did have time, here's what I would do to make the Dash more useful.

1. If the clock is in Night Mode, and if music is playing, then turn off the music when the top button is pressed.

2. If the clock is in Night Mode, and if music is not playing, and if the bottom menu bar is not displayed, then display the bottom menu when the top button is pressed, but leave the clock in Night Mode.

3. If the clock is in Night Mode, and if music is not playing, and if the bottom menu bar is already displayed, then switch to regular full screen mode when the top button is pressed.

4. If the bottom menu bar is displayed, and if the clock is in Night Mode, and if the Music icon is touched, start playing the most recently played stream, and switch back to Night Mode.

But until I have time to tinker with this, I'm happy to continue using my Night Mode clock.

Thanks again.