Topic: RadioShack online store clearance

If you are looking for some cheap electronic components, RadioShack still has an online store with a clearance section that has some cheap parts available. Free shipping with orders over $20.00. I found switches cheaper than Ebay or Amazon.

https://www.radioshack.com/collections/clearance-sale

Re: RadioShack online store clearance

I look at a lot of the stuff there and think "if I had a need...". 

There's a lot of stuff they have for sale that I might buy.. but I don't really have a _need_.  I'm not gonna buy random switch or connector or magic power supply just in case I might need it some time in the next 10 years.

And I think that was RS's main problem.  "Oh, I need XYZ; let's go to RS and buy it".  But 99% of the time I don't need it.

Thanks Infocastme! There are a couple of things I will pick up. I didn't know RadioShack was still around. Thinking about RadioShack makes me a bit sad. I remember when is was an awesome place to go. Bought tons of parts and learned to make my own circuit boards from their instructional books. I still have a bunch of their books. Later on they lost their way (and I guess society changed). RadioShack went from "You've got questions, we have answers" to "You've got questions, we have blank stares, and cell phones!" There used to be a couple of other electronics part shops in my area. They all knew me by name when I walked in. They are all long gone now. Sure, all those parts are available online now. More selection at a better price. There were some projects I would never have completed if it hadn't been for local shops where you could walk in, talk with someone and show them what you were doing. Other customers would sometimes get involved and awesome brainstorming sessions took place.

Sorry for the rambling folks. I love all the new technology but I also miss being able to work on electronics. VLSICs give us amazing toys using very little power, but discrete components allowed us to repair/modify our "stuff" as we saw fit.

Tar, feathers, congress. Some assembly required.

sweh wrote:

I look at a lot of the stuff there and think "if I had a need...".

I am the type of person that buys stuff just in case and then look at it and find a use or make a use! (yes I know there are solutions to my hoarding!)

BoloMKXXVIII wrote:

RadioShack went from "You've got questions, we have answers" to "You've got questions, we have blank stares, and cell phones!"

How true! Your entire ramblings hit home with me. I am no longer in the electronics industry but love to tinker with my electronics. That is how I unwind.

That was quick! My box of electronics arrived today! Now to find uses for all my stuff! ;-)