Topic: Failure to authorize from Sony

I had one Dash that I have (had) been keeping attached to Sony to see how long the servers would stick around.  Well I got the final nail in the coffin with the "Failure to Authorize" this morning.

Re: Failure to authorize from Sony

Same here.  Kept both my Dashes on Sony since the Sony default clock and theme were all I needed.  Now they both say, "Failed to authorize: Missing XAPI service node".  I noticed it around midnight last night.  Looks like it's finally time to Chumbyize.

Of course, that also happened under "normal" conditions so I don't know if it is actually the end or not. wink

Well..  The other error about not being able to download the control panel appeared later.  So...  another Sony Dash got its Chumby wings!

Yep. Same here. Unfortunately I've got the HID-B7 which can't be Chumby'fied yet. Any word on if and when that might be possible for the HID-B7?

6 (edited by jrbreunig 2017-10-06 15:09:19)

Same here... I have five HID-B70s.  Two stopped responding, so I power cycled them, and now they will not authorize.  The other three are still working, mostly.  The National Weather Service (NWS) app stopped working.  I am guessing it is only a matter of time before the last three experience an issue, and they too will fail to authorized.

Hopefully I will be able to Chumbyize them sometime soon like the HID-C10!  smile

Same thing happened to me a few nights ago.  Just chumbified my Dash and it works perfectly.

Funny thing about this.  Prior to it becoming one with the Chum my Dash would go offline and lock up almost every other week.  Since being reborn it hasn't done it once, and that was three months ago.

All Hail Duane. smile

I loved my Dash. Excited to make it live again. Any idea on when the B70 code might be available. Not trying to press, Just want the sense of hope. smile

dcauger wrote:

Any idea on when the B70 code might be available. Not trying to press, Just want the sense of hope. smile

The last I'd heard, nobody's been able to hack into it.  I'm not saying it's impossible, just hasn't happened yet.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

My HID-B7 had been trucking along for months until the other day when I noticed that it was stuck in night mode and always said it was 1:24am...lol. I power cycled it, and now it just sits there trying to authorize sad

I really hope someone can find a fix for us B7/B70 owners.  I've been searching for a suitable replacement, but found nothing that compares to the simplicity, design, and good looks of the Dash.

I even went ahead and bought a used C10 on eBay so at least I could have something to tinker with while I wait for the news that someone has revived the B7 smile

David