Topic: Photo Widgets

Since photobucket is now charging -
Are any of the other photo widgets working?

Re: Photo Widgets

flickr works for me.

Plank wrote:

flickr works for me.

I get an API error on flickr viewer?

Anyone using a photo widget that's working - if flickr how do I get around API error?

flikr is working for me.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

diamaunt wrote:

flikr is working for me.

I can't get it to work - I have an album on flickr, i tried using my user name in the setup, never got off sending please wait, same with my yahoo email address - what am I missing?

ccchuck wrote:
diamaunt wrote:

flikr is working for me.

I can't get it to work - I have an album on flickr, i tried using my user name in the setup, never got off sending please wait, same with my yahoo email address - what am I missing?

I don't know, I just know mine works, but the last time I did anything with it was two or three years ago.... try sending a note to the widget author?

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

diamaunt wrote:
ccchuck wrote:
diamaunt wrote:

flikr is working for me.

I don't know, I just know mine works, but the last time I did anything with it was two or three years ago.... try sending a note to the widget author?

eh... the author is chumby?

we are both using App name: Flickr Photo Viewer
Author chumby
Version 4.7.6
Created 08/25/2006
Uploaded 07/16/2014 ?

Yes, that's one of ours.  I'll take a look when I can find some time.

Any picture perfect solutions yet?

ccchuck wrote:

Any picture perfect solutions yet?

Hey ccchuck!  I'm trying to find one too! (see my post in the Dash forum!)

I just chumbified my Dash, and all I really need now is a photo widget and I'll be perfectly happy.  Ideally I'd just use the USB flash drive I always have inserted in my Dash to serve the photos and save the bandwidth, but if I could use a Google Photos Album I would have uploaded my files and be finished already.

I have a couple avenues I'm considering:

1. I got Nigel's source code for USB Photo Widget, but it's in a format I wasn't expecting (.fla).  I can't seem to open this with FlashDevelop since it's proprietery Adobe.  I downloaded some incredibly bloated Adobe shit but it's not going well lol

2. try to use discarded-ideas.org/chumby/photoframeusb widget?  I have no idea how this older widget would work or rather how much updating would be required

3. write something from scratch?

I'm good at Linux and Perl but no Flash developer though and very new to Chumby, so I'm a bit at a loss.

What do you think I/we should do?  ;-) haha

F

12 (edited by ccchuck 2017-10-12 15:49:10)

Well I have problem programing my tv remote so I rely on clever fellows like yourself - my one attempt at discarded-ideas was a dismal failure p probably operator errors.

I use (or at least did use), a photo widget, local radar & NOAA, and the various news sources - only the latter is currently really working but I have hope.
This is where I burst in to song, the music comes up... oh wait I guess not yet, but 2-3 weeks ago it was suggested that the SSL problem would be solved which would lead to a number of fixes.

hey ccchuck, just FYI, I did get my USB Photo widget working.  I don't know what device you have, but I'm on Dash and it's working great. 

See my post in the Dash forum if you're curious. 

F

fmurch1 wrote:

hey ccchuck, just FYI, I did get my USB Photo widget working.  I don't know what device you have, but I'm on Dash and it's working great. 

See my post in the Dash forum if you're curious. 

F

Just saw your post -
I got'a try that...

as the none swimmer heads to the deep end of the pool...

I too am having an issue with flickr (on my  'chumbied' Dash- which otherwise is just fine!)
I try to authorize chumby and it does open up the login page of flickr but when I look at my Flickr permissions, I don't see the chumby listed. When I hit "NEXT" in the authorization window, it comes up "undefined". I know this uses flash (because my browser tells me so). The problem seems to be in that authorization process because I am able to get flickr to play on many other devices (like roku) and those show up on the permission page in flickr.
I hope this helps the wizards because I would love to get flickr working again!
Alan