Topic: Loading local widgets on Dash

Hi! I'm from Rosario (Argentina), maybe the owner of the southmost Chumbdash in the world.

I've seen in the Wiki that's possible to load local widgets on certains Chumby models. Is it possible to implement this funcionality in the firmware for the Dash? I've try with a profile.xml without any success.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Loading local widgets on Dash

Only the 3.5" devices currently support the profile.xml functionality.  I'll file an enhancement request for this.

Thanks Duane, that would be great!

Duane wrote:

Only the 3.5" devices currently support the profile.xml functionality.  I'll file an enhancement request for this.

I second this feature smile

Owner of three C1's, Infocast 3.5, Sony Dash C10, and Infocast 8. A tinkerer at heart and IT director by trade.

curbicas wrote:

Hi! I'm from Rosario (Argentina), maybe the owner of the southmost Chumbdash in the world.

Sorry, curbicas. My Sydney Chumbdash, at longitude S33.8688, just beats Rosario, at S32.9442, but it is a close call.

yikes amazing how far these chumbys went!

curbicas wrote:

yikes amazing how far these chumbys went!

Think of all the ones that will only make it to the landfill.   sad

curbicas wrote:

I've seen in the Wiki that's possible to load local widgets on certains Chumby models. Is it possible to implement this funcionality in the firmware for the Dash? I've try with a profile.xml without any success.

Thanks in advance!

By the way, I`m the southernmost Dash´user (I´m in Buenos Aires, AR).
Saludos.

+1 for supporting this on the Dash.

I have a dash dc 10, i think is 7", cant load local widgets???,

by the way, i am from mar del plata , argentina. wink

Anyone from Antartica?

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.

I also support this option

Owner of three C1's, Infocast 3.5, Sony Dash C10, and Infocast 8. A tinkerer at heart and IT director by trade.

Hi, any luck on this?  what does a local widget mean, anyway?  I only use one single widget and now that it's working I never make changes.  If I could load it locally without using your backend servers I'd be pleased. 

tks,
F

Duane wrote:

I'll file an enhancement request for this.

Hey Duane, is this in the queue?  How's it coming?  Will it solve my request?

thanks!
F