Re: Success!

diamaunt wrote:

Here's a couple more pics:

That's almost enough to make me buy one off ebay :-)  Looking good!

This is really good news! You're amazing!

This is amazing news!  Also love the LCARS theme.  I can't wait for this to be ready for prime time.  My wife and I like our Dash and were kind of ticked off when it was killed.  Definitely subscribing to this thread, and thank you for all your hard work!

54 (edited by gamebeaross 2017-07-17 08:52:22)

Please release this even if it's got a few bugs! 

I have a flexible work schedule and counting on my cel phone to wake me is unnerving.  I often forget to bring it to my bedroom.

The Dash can function as an alarm clock until things improve. There are variety of alarms still available in the drop down.

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.

gamebeaross wrote:

Please release this even if it's got a few bugs! 

I have a flexible work schedule and counting on my cel phone to wake me is unnerving.  I often forget to bring it to my bedroom.

Sony released the final firmware update without checking to see what bugs might be in it...  and bricked a lot of Dashes.

We don't operate that way.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

Dashers will see how things are done in Duane's World.

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.

Thank you for saving the Dash. I am Just looking for the pandora alarm function back.

BIG tip o' the hat to Duane, and his merry helpers!!!

A quick peek at the latest beta: https://youtu.be/vcrn6-qzlJ4

Looks great!  Good luck with it. You have a lot of people here with fingers-crossed and hoping to give these things a new lease on life! 

:-)

That looks fantastic!

Great. I am looking forward to getting Chumby working on my dashs

64 (edited by mcaslan 2017-07-22 05:54:37)

Thanks for the work to date and going forward on this project.  I don't know why my family and I find our 3 * Dash (whats the plural - Dashes) so appealing.  It was always nice to awake to the alarm and was fun to look over and see a Dali Lama quote, the Weather, Engadget, and Google News.   Not too much but just a glimpse of the start of my day.  The $3 for a subscription is burning a hole in my pocket.

Looks great all!  Can't wait to be able to dim at night and ck the weather.  Expanded options sound nice too but I've been living with Sony's dying basics for awhile. So no hurry.

Any updates on the how the beta is going?

shawndoc wrote:

Any updates on the how the beta is going?

Swimmingly.  No major visual changes since the video.  Things are looking very good.

Never want to rush perfection but any thoughts on timing? I'm jonesing to plug my Dash back in and load your software.

rweintra wrote:

Never want to rush perfection but any thoughts on timing? I'm jonesing to plug my Dash back in and load your software.

nothing more than "it looks like soon"

wow looking great so far!! My dad will be very happy to have his unit back up and running with local weather and radar! big_smile Looks like a lot more as well.

Just checked out the youtube vid you posted.  Looks great!  (better than the S logo)

We too have 3 dashes in our home and right now were not crazy about S.  Was able to unbrick the one where the touch screen was unresponsive (another big thank you).

Keep up the great work!!!   Will keep checking back for a fix or update.