426 (edited by monkeypet 2017-07-22 18:15:19)

Re: Post in this thread if you have a dash...

Dash owner also! Also Chumby owner, haven't subscribed yet, but willing if my Sony Dash can be revived.

I've got 2 still running, had to revive one the other day which is what brought me here.  Haven't had a chance to check out what apps will be available with the subscription, but I would be willing to subscribe or donate just as a thanks for keeping these things going!

Just found your site before throwing out my Sony flashing logo (ex-dash).  Please count me in for support if you can get these functional again.

diamaunt wrote:
daknife wrote:

Count me as another Dash owner, mourning the bricking of my fav alarm.  And hoping for a successful Save!

Have you unbricked it yet?

Yep, that's how I found my way here.  Looking for recovery options.  Anxiously awaiting the finished Chumby update so I have more than a dumb clock.

Count me in with 3 dash units currently unplugged waiting for this service.  Thank you in advance!

431 (edited by twoplanters 2017-07-23 21:17:21)

Wierd.

After several days of ignoring the message to upgrade my Dash software, the device now appears to be functioning normally.

I had  been placing my Dash face down with the ugrade message dominating the screen. After about a week the message disappeared and functionality returned.

Im an owner of a Dash and Im very excited to be able to use it again. Thanks for working hard. I will be subscribing soon

I own 2 Dashes, a HID-C10 and and HID-B7. I just wanted to post to say thank you for your work, and that I appreciate it very much. I'm hoping you've set up some sort of patreon or donation infrastructure, because I'd be happy to donate some $ towards the work you're doing.

We haven't totally given up on the B7/70 devices, but we don't currently have a solution for them.

kahb00m wrote:

I'm hoping you've set up some sort of patreon or donation infrastructure, because I'd be happy to donate some $ towards the work you're doing.

This is a subject that comes up regularly, http://forum.chumby.com/viewtopic.php?pid=54339#p54339

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

I have a Dash HID-C10. I am located in Rio de Janeiro, but the Dash always worked fine. I used it only for time and weather reports. After duely following Sony's on-screen commands it is bricked, with the Sony logo on the screen and the lower LED Sony flashing. The special options screen does come on, but the screen is not touch sensitive. I will try the procedures outlined above as soon as I can.

Made first post today in speaker/alarm replacement topic after coming here everyday to follow progress since April.  I have 2 (one updated  and the other failed during update, but was unbricked successfully and is left in Night Mode clock only (it will not ever successfully update with their forced update) and most likely will pay something to get these functional again (chumbified).  I do want to know more about who maintains the chumby server.  Is it solely maintained by Duane and can it operate without him keeping it going?  Will he know everything about those who subscribe?

So, my one dash, after running in night mode unmolested for the past few weeks, prompted me for the update last night (despite night mode). Rebooting still loaded the control panel, but then it just gets stuck at "Authorizing...". My other dash chugs along happily, night or day mode, but I think it might have lost its network connection. It does that sometimes.

It's August 1, 2017 and only one of my three dashes have updated to the clock only mode. The other two still connect to the Sony server, validate, and download the control panel and don't prompt me to update.

Thank you from MD for helping us Sony Dash users! I anxiously await the use (however minimum) of my Sony Dash. If I could just get the clock working, I would be most grateful. (And a working area weather forecast would make me ecstatic!)

I can't find 1.7.1526 anywhere. I tried to Sony.com website but they only have the corrupted newest update that bricked everyones Dash. I went to Reddit and couldn't find it at r/SonyDash. What can I do to get the Firmware Update?

mjonczak wrote:

I can't find 1.7.1526 anywhere. I tried to Sony.com website but they only have the corrupted newest update that bricked everyones Dash. I went to Reddit and couldn't find it at r/SonyDash. What can I do to get the Firmware Update?

There's a pointer post in the stickies up at the top of the forum.^^^

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

I've got a Dash! Thanks for working on bringing it back to life!

444 (edited by joe.mayeur 2017-08-02 11:12:46)

I too have a Dash HID-C10 unit.  Sony forced the firmware update on and bricked it.   I followed B.O.'s instructions and got it back to 1.7.1526.   If I remove the flash drive - it will always force the update again on me.  I have to pull the power cord to stop it (before I push any buttons).   I will subscribe to Chumy if it make my Dash be functional again.

I have one c10.  Anxiously awaiting to live again.  Thank you for doing this.

C10 here.  Looking forward to checking out the renewed potential using chumby.

We have an HID-B70.  I do not know why, but it was working up until yesterday (12/11/2017) before it finally succumbed to the Sony-initiated bricking...

I thought Sony already had cut the cord. Yours lasted longer for some reason.

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.