1 (edited by GoodDoctor 2007-11-15 11:40:35)

Topic: Wdiget Comments...Come on People!

Ok, since there is practically NO comments on the Widgets I have decided to comment on each (Ok maybe not the clocks). I'm half way through the Chumby Picks. Get your comments a rocking people!

I have noticed there are few Star Ratings as well.  Clicking on stars! How easy!

Any one else ready for giving up some feedback?

Re: Wdiget Comments...Come on People!

The YouTube widget doesn't work very well. I alsu use the archive.org video widget and haven't had a problem but the videos I've tried on youtube are choppy and the audio breaks up.

I find the Word Of The Day annoying - way too much graphical nonsense diluting the value of the widget. I'd much rather see a clean definition than the muck with the finger shwooping around and the MW logo etc.

Love that you can install multiple different instances of widgets - specifically, Email and Horoscopes I have 2 instances set up - one for me and one for the lovely wife. Super!

yetiwisdom wrote:

I find the Word Of The Day annoying - way too much graphical nonsense diluting the value of the widget. I'd much rather see a clean definition than the muck with the finger shwooping around and the MW logo etc.

I LOVE the random word of the day widget!   My 6 year old daughter & I look forward to that one!

6 (edited by Howard 2007-11-15 20:57:33)

robdam1001 wrote:
yetiwisdom wrote:

I LOVE the random word of the day widget!   My 6 year old daughter & I look forward to that one!

I find this interesting. People either love this widget, and want to get married to it, or they hate it and want it to die a slow, filthy, and horrific death.

The answer: Make it configurable to satisfy both parties, so that everyone wants to get married to it.

I just rated a bunch right on my chumby, also I realized that there is some real estate in the bottom corner of the chumby control panel that Hide Control Panel isn't really necessary since it is fairly obvious you just push the button again to make it go away.

stover0107 wrote:

I just rated a bunch right on my chumby, also I realized that there is some real estate in the bottom corner of the chumby control panel that Hide Control Panel isn't really necessary since it is fairly obvious you just push the button again to make it go away.

Are you saying once you are in the control panel, pushing the button makes it go away?  This doesn;t work for me -- I can use the button to enter the control panel.

Is this what you see -- and it's a bug for me?

Wayne

I find a number of the "News" or even RSS based widgets need to be able to "drill" down into the story... Examples :Digg, Google News, etc... it would be great instead of seeing the "..." to see a MORE button that would load the rest of the story instead of truncating it.

dstrack wrote:

I find a number of the "News" or even RSS based widgets need to be able to "drill" down into the story... Examples :Digg, Google News, etc... it would be great instead of seeing the "..." to see a MORE button that would load the rest of the story instead of truncating it.

I second that. Even if it was just text and required a lot of scrolling, it would be worth it to be able to get the whole story on the Chumby.

It also bothers me that words in the headline also get cut off often. An option to side-scroll the headline would be nice.

wayn3w wrote:
stover0107 wrote:

Are you saying once you are in the control panel, pushing the button makes it go away?  This doesn;t work for me -- I can use the button to enter the control panel.

Is this what you see -- and it's a bug for me?

Wayne

Sorry, yeah it doesn't go away, I actually just press the widget preview screen, but hitting the button would be a good idea to get rid of that hide control panel button to free up space for direct volume or anything

Has anyone had success with the Sphere widget? I get a lot of junk in mine despite using search terms that are fairly common. Plus, it seems to update rarely. I'm thinking of removing but maybe I'm missing something? hmm