Re: UNBRICK YOUR HID-C10 DASH

Does any one have a good link to the 1.7.1526 update zip file. The one I'm finding on Reddit is larger then what the stated size should be and doesn't work.

delsa wrote:

with a bonus flashing Sony logo to boot.

Someone should have told Sony that the <blink> tag was deprecated years ago... big_smile

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

BADMAV302 wrote:

Does any one have a good link to the 1.7.1526 update zip file. The one I'm finding on Reddit is larger then what the stated size should be and doesn't work.

Sony seems to have misplaced the 1526 update. ???

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.

BADMAV302 wrote:

where on reddit are you finding this?

At least one of the reddit links *used* to point to 1526, but it looks like the file it pointed to was replaced with the 1604 update.  If it's a link to the Sony site, then it's very likely the wrong one.

Where I found it on Reddit, I'm not sure. I've been scouring the interent looking for a proper 1.7.1526 update. I can't find any update file that is 101776156 bytes.

57 (edited by alphabeta22 2017-07-18 16:42:44)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzS1mC … ZnQVE/view

which will take you to this
https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0BzS1mC9 … t=download

BADMAV302 wrote:

Where I found it on Reddit, I'm not sure. I've been scouring the interent looking for a proper 1.7.1526 update. I can't find any update file that is 101776156 bytes.

There are multiple links in this forum, one from me, pointing to a reddit post with the right file, which I tested today, and another from another member that has several firmwares in his thread, including the one you want.

http://forum.chumby.com/viewtopic.php?id=9745

http://forum.chumby.com/viewtopic.php?id=9758

just tested the reddit download again: 101776156 Jul 18 20:05 update.zip

59 (edited by delsa 2017-07-18 19:05:10)

In my early post I relayed the offline clock will suffice "until it becomes a Chumby"...perhaps I should have used the phase "until it becomes a Dashing-Chumby".

There is an Onion video from years back... which is semi-relevant to recent Dash events....the first 15-20 seconds of the video are pretty relevant...

http://www.theonion.com/video/sony-rele … esnt-14309    (if you listen to this on speakers keep the kids out of the room...there are some curse words in the video)

Thank you so much. I registered here just to say thank you. It turned my brick back to a functioning clock for now, and will wait until you guys release the Chumby update for it smile

Duane, what about this?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit … heres_how/

My dash has the limited functionality (clock and alarm only) after I mistakenly updated the firmware. I tried rolling it back to 1.7.1526. It recognized one of my 2 USB drives and when I selected "Install from USB", I got a message that it was unsuccessful and a file on the USB with a fatal update error which said "ERROR: attempted to apply non-production build to bound device." Does anyone have any idea what I could possibly be doing wrong?

(and yes, it's formatted to FAT32 and it's the proper ZIP file)

Thanks in advance for any advice.

That would probably indicate that the update.zip file is somehow corrupt, or at least your device thinks it is.

The particular message technically means that the device is locked for production (i.e. for sale), and it thinks that what you tried to install was build for development or testing.  When the product is being developed, the guys writing the software typically have an unlocked device, or one that that uses a different set of keys.  We have one or two of those lying around here.  The trick is that you can't install a development build on a production device, and vice versa, which is what this error is trying to say.

itsjustmeCB wrote:

My dash has the limited functionality (clock and alarm only) after I mistakenly updated the firmware. I tried rolling it back to 1.7.1526. It recognized one of my 2 USB drives and when I selected "Install from USB", I got a message that it was unsuccessful and a file on the USB with a fatal update error which said "ERROR: attempted to apply non-production build to bound device." Does anyone have any idea what I could possibly be doing wrong?

What, *exactly* did you do?

sjspitalli wrote:

Duane, what about this?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit … heres_how/

Sony closed that loophole a while back.

diamaunt wrote:
itsjustmeCB wrote:

I put the USB stick named UPDATE with update.zip (101,776,156 bytes) the USB port of the sony dash, unplugged it, plugged it back in while hold down the Snooze button. It brought up the Special Options menu. I selected Install Updates and Install From USB. After a couple of seconds I got the Update was unsuccessful message on the dash. When I put the UBS stick back in my computer, it had the fatal update error file along with the update.zip file.

itsjustmeCB wrote:
diamaunt wrote:
itsjustmeCB wrote:

I put the USB stick named UPDATE with update.zip (101,776,156 bytes) the USB port of the sony dash, unplugged it, plugged it back in while hold down the Snooze button. It brought up the Special Options menu. I selected Install Updates and Install From USB. After a couple of seconds I got the Update was unsuccessful message on the dash. When I put the UBS stick back in my computer, it had the fatal update error file along with the update.zip file.

I'd try another usb... And check the md5sum of the file you got, the good sum is posted in the unbrick thread.

itsjustmeCB wrote:

Please unzip the update.zip file somewhere, and post the contents of the "version.txt" file that was in it.

69 (edited by Mr. Neato 2021-11-17 06:00:49)

diamaunt wrote:
BADMAV302 wrote:

There are multiple links in this forum, one from me, pointing to a reddit post with the right file, which I tested today, and another from another member that has several firmwares in his thread, including the one you want.

http://forum.chumby.com/viewtopic.php?id=9745

http://forum.chumby.com/viewtopic.php?id=9758

just tested the reddit download again: 101776156 Jul 18 20:05 update.zip

Here's a GDrive link for those having trouble downloading from anonfile.  It contains all firmware versions drexful posted.

Updated Link 2021.11.17
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= … 9_9n4Wapjw

Old Link
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ … VJJdjhXVlk

70 (edited by hueyav8or 2017-07-24 15:56:55)

Has anyone been able to figure out the Special Options problem?
I followed the unbrick instructions to a T.
I  am stuck on the Special Options screen.  I cannot select any of the options.

hueyav8or wrote:

As mentioned in the instructions, the dash is picky about USB dongles.  Please try a different one.  Some users have had to try three or four until they found one it would accept.

hueyav8or wrote:

please list every step you did, exactly, including the different usb sticks you tried.

One observation I had, if you hold down the top button much more than 3 seconds, then when it boots up, the touch screen does not work.  Be sure to hold down for just 3 seconds ...

jordanjm2 wrote:

One observation I had, if you hold down the top button much more than 3 seconds, then when it boots up, the touch screen does not work.  Be sure to hold down for just 3 seconds ...

I always hold it down till the "hold for 3 seconds"  screen disappears.

itsjustmeCB wrote:
diamaunt wrote:
itsjustmeCB wrote:

I got the copy of your update.zip that you sent me, and compared it to a known good copy:
cmp itsjustmeCB.update.zip update-1.7.1526.zip
itsjustmeCB.update.zip update-1.7.1526.zip differ: byte 28180481, line 103856

md5sum:
9ce3582a7f67d837f416730dd14305ee  itsjustmeCB.update.zip
35f49ae0b19aee592189297039cccd9e  update-1.7.1526.zip

Your zip file is corrupted, download a good copy from one of the sources listed in this thread, and make sure you properly unmount the usb before removing from your computer.

I'm not a windows person, but here's a windows md5sum generator I found that you can use to check that you've got a good copy of the file: http://www.winmd5.com/ 

Again, the file you want has a md5sum of 35f49ae0b19aee592189297039cccd9e