Re: Success!

diamaunt wrote:

Here's a couple more pics:

That's almost enough to make me buy one off ebay :-)  Looking good!

This is really good news! You're amazing!

This is amazing news!  Also love the LCARS theme.  I can't wait for this to be ready for prime time.  My wife and I like our Dash and were kind of ticked off when it was killed.  Definitely subscribing to this thread, and thank you for all your hard work!

54 (edited by gamebeaross 2017-07-17 08:52:22)

Please release this even if it's got a few bugs! 

I have a flexible work schedule and counting on my cel phone to wake me is unnerving.  I often forget to bring it to my bedroom.

The Dash can function as an alarm clock until things improve. There are variety of alarms still available in the drop down.

56 (edited by jhonryan 2017-07-17 12:29:26)

Does anybody know the sony server(s) off the top of their head?  I want to try an experiment.

I'm going to block the sony servers at my router AFTER it authenticates.  I think most of the functions will work and hopefully it wont keep tossing up the "update" nag.  I can unblock the sony servers should I need to reboot and repeat the process.

Hopefully that will hold me over until there is a chumbified solution.

gamebeaross wrote:

Please release this even if it's got a few bugs! 

I have a flexible work schedule and counting on my cel phone to wake me is unnerving.  I often forget to bring it to my bedroom.

Sony released the final firmware update without checking to see what bugs might be in it...  and bricked a lot of Dashes.

We don't operate that way.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

Dashers will see how things are done in Duane's World.

Hi Duane and folks,
First of all, thank you for working on this firmware!
I have a question regarding weather information. Is it going to be available in the new build without a widget?
I was primarily using Dash in 5-days-weather mode and hoping to see something similar. Maybe just for today/tomorrow.
And in case it's in the books, who is the weather provider? Any chance we can pick theweathernetwork?

Thank you for saving the Dash. I am Just looking for the pandora alarm function back.

eug9n9 wrote:

Hi Duane and folks,
First of all, thank you for working on this firmware!
I have a question regarding weather information. Is it going to be available in the new build without a widget?
I was primarily using Dash in 5-days-weather mode and hoping to see something similar. Maybe just for today/tomorrow.
And in case it's in the books, who is the weather provider? Any chance we can pick theweathernetwork?

I think the first order of business is just saving the Dash to do anything after the end of the Sony server.
After that, Duane (I'm sure) will have a lot *fixn* to do about a lot of things. There are few screen shots on the forum that may give you a glimpse of what it *may* look like. There will be a time to post improvements and suggested alterations in the future. Let's just SAVE the DASH first and then see what we got. This has not been an easy time for Duane (and his other helpers).

BIG tip o' the hat to Duane, and his merry helpers!!!

A quick peek at the latest beta: https://youtu.be/vcrn6-qzlJ4

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

Looks great!  Good luck with it. You have a lot of people here with fingers-crossed and hoping to give these things a new lease on life! 

:-)

That looks fantastic!

Great. I am looking forward to getting Chumby working on my dashs