Re: Sony discontinuing support for the dash on July 1, 2017

This morning I had the flashing "Sony" light on my dash.  I managed to downgrade the firmware and re-connect it to my network and soon after got the prompt to update.  I un-plugged the dash and re-booted and immediately went to change the network options to a bogus ssid.  I then sent the dash to night mode and it is still working as an alarm clock with the old firmware.  I'll live with this firmware until something better comes along.

mdfrancois wrote:

I did manage to install the old firmware, and got it up and running, but it now only gives me an 'okay' option to install 1.7.6.  So i now have a big 'okay' button with no other options.  Hoping Sony fixes this.

Where do I write them, any ideas?

they won't fix it, they're wiping their hands of the dashes.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

Will that work, if it had to reboot doesn't it need to download the settings file from the Sony servers?

sqhughes wrote:

This morning I had the flashing "Sony" light on my dash.  I managed to downgrade the firmware and re-connect it to my network and soon after got the prompt to update.  I un-plugged the dash and re-booted and immediately went to change the network options to a bogus ssid.  I then sent the dash to night mode and it is still working as an alarm clock with the old firmware.  I'll live with this firmware until something better comes along.

I was able to downgrade to the version they sent out when they messed up the last upgrade, had it still on the usb stick.  it did ask me to install the latest patch, told them no.  i use mine to wake up to music stream.  i hope it will still work.  i know it needs to download things so it to work.  i dont know how long this will work.

Things have gotten very confusing for a lot of  people. Some that have found this site earlier are becoming more prepared for the future of the Dash. If you are new, please check out the recent posts and you will see that all we be fine when the transition takes place. Duane is working hard to meet the demand for server access for the Dash units. My suggestion is to just try to leave your unit at the 1526 firmware and either turn it off or operate it without internet. The 1604 does virtually the same thing but you will not have the 1526 firmware when the new software becomes available. If you have the 1604 update and things are not working you need the alternate fix available on this forum to get you unit unbricked. Bottom line is that until Sony completely unplugs and Duane puts out the new fix, things will be chaotic. You may need to rely on another alarm clock type device until things get better.

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.

Right now.. i have the press ok only to update to 1604, currently have 1526.  Without letting it upgrade, then downgrade after. can i not let it upgrade??  perhaps power cycling??  Give it a shot.

Depending on when it was made, the Dashes seem to respond differently. Do what you like but the options are few at this time. Simple clock is good. Some have toyed around and it didn't turn out well.

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.

Well, mine lasted up till  October. Is there any hope for HID-B7 owners?