Topic: Sure is alot of activity on the board today.....

did i miss something big_smile

2 (edited by Quietman 2017-07-13 10:11:33)

Re: Sure is alot of activity on the board today.....

Well, having Sony give The Finger to everyone owning a Dash is pretty much a trigger for all kinds of traffic. Personally I'm thinking of the scene where the villagers are chasing down Frankenstein's monster to try and kill it.

Thank you, Sony, for bricking my Dash with your forced upgrade. Thankfully I can revert to the last "upgrade" so I'll ready for the Chumby fix for your idiocy. I knew this was coming, but I didn't think they'd try and kill something that doesn't belong to them.

thankfully mine didnt get the update.. i made sure to block access on my wifi access point to the device

4 (edited by rich.gault 2017-07-13 12:58:59)

I was able to restore mine mostly after the "Sony Blink of Death". On a recommendation from someone on these forms several months ago, I went and downloaded a copy of the 1.7.1526. The problem I had though was I renamed the zip file to be Sony Dash Update.zip so I would know what it was if I ever needed it. Well... In order to revert to the old firmware from a USB, the Dash needs to see the file named update171526.zip or just update.zip (I had them both on my flash drive). I looked for about an hour trying to find what to rename it back to. I lost my theme that I usually use, but the clock, weather and a couple of the apps (that were working before) showed back up and are still working.

good to know.. a buddy is going to drop his off later (he updated before i could warn him)... the file from sony downloads as update.zip

thanks much

rich.gault wrote:

I was able to restore mine mostly after the "Sony Blink of Death". On a recommendation from someone on these forms several months ago, I went and downloaded a copy of the 1.7.1526. The problem I had though was I renamed the zip file to be Sony Dash Update.zip so I would know what it was if I ever needed it. Well... In order to revert to the old firmware from a USB, the Dash needs to see the file named update171526.zip or just update.zip (I had them both on my flash drive). I looked for about an hour trying to find what to rename it back to. I lost my theme that I usually use, but the clock, weather and a couple of the apps (that were working before) showed back up and are still working.

Any idea where I can get the old firmware? I'm sitting with two dash bricks.

7 (edited by dasher 2017-07-14 12:07:27)

Someone on reddit posted instructions on how to update:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SonyDash/comme … usb_drive/

and that post includes a link to a copy of the v1.7.1526 firmware on a google drive...

the link to the firmware is in one of the comments to the instructions.

Here is a direct link to the file on the google drive:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzS1m … mtEWlZnQVE