Topic: In offline mode, the "Snooze" button changes

Don't know how many folks are in my situation.  I've been using the Dash for years as a unique alarm clock and little else, but I depend on it.

When it went dark, I figured I'd hunker down and run it in "Limp Home" (offline) mode until Duane releases the USB patch so I can see what kind of functionality I'll have on the BlueOcty servers.  Figured I can decide at that time whether to switch to a cheap tablet for alarm clock duties.

This morning at about 0525 I made an unpleasant discovery: In offline mode, the "Snooze" button silently changes into a "Disable Alarm" button.  I'd hit it 35 minutes earlier expecting my usual four (although five or ten or whatever would have been fine) minute reprieve.

Anyway, I was late for work and I just wanted to share with anyone else in the same boat and maybe spare them some early morning aggravation.

Good luck, all!

"You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred" - Superchicken

Re: In offline mode, the "Snooze" button changes

We'll file a "feature request" bug to address this.

Already got a bug list? How long is that list now?

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.

demarks51 wrote:

Already got a bug list? How long is that list now?

only the beta testers know.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

Offline mode?

shawndoc wrote:

Offline mode?

I believe that a device that has been factory reset, and then is *not* configured for the network, will let you use it as a simple clock with simple alarms.  You have to manually set the time each time it's restarted.

At least that's how I remember it - I haven't tried that in years.

I am pretty sure that's correct. When the Dash was down earlier before the last firmware update, you  could bypass the network and use as an alarm. It looked odd though.

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.