Re: Post in this thread if you have a dash...

I think I might one of the first Dash's to die.  Tried multiple reboots and nothing.  Will now have to wait for Duane to release update.  Anybody else dead?

One of my two is dead also. Get a message about "no download information available". Crap.

Yeah, it looks like they're down.  We can't tell if it's temporary but given the short timespan until the official shutdown, I wouldn't hold out much hope.

In any case, I'm working as fast as I can.

I also Dash!

180 (edited by beth 2017-06-15 21:45:52)

I have two dashes. Tonight the bedroom was down, but after several reboots it came back on. I'm new to this forum but love using my dash as an alarm clock. I can't believe they will brick it on July 1. I should add that I just noticed a new message that appears when you hit "menu"  that states that the device will die (my words) on July 1.

Yes, I have a C10. Appreciate the efforts here.

I have 2 C10 Dash units and beyond sad at the thought of losing them. I stumbled upon this thread yesterday and now have hope they may be saved!!

I have a dash.

beth wrote:

states that the device will die (my words) on July 1.

It doesn't specifically state July 1.  Just "July".  Reminds me of the joke about the difference between development and marketing.  To marketing, "July" means "July 1".  To development, "July" means "July 31".

Really the joke was about Q2 meaning either "April 1" or "June 30", but it didn't fit here.

I  have 2 dashes but I only have access to one of them right now.  It's still up.

186 (edited by CtCarl 2017-06-16 10:42:46)

Three Dashes; one bedroom, one spare, one new in the box.

The bedroom unit has become something I've taken for granted for the past six years or so...a reliable alarm clock that copes with my crazy schedule, has a big snooze bar and offers up the weather all the time.  It's been sitting at the "Unable to download the Control Panel" error since yesterday.

FWIW, the alarm did go off this morning at the correct time.
  It displayed an unfamiliar, monochrome screen with various options, but in my hazy mind I just found the "shut off alarm" option and it worked.  It's back to "Unable to download the Control Panel", and I've no idea if there's any way to get into the other alarm options.

Duane, if you can share any tips to get the time to display and access the basic alarm functions, I for one will be good to go until you release the patch/exploit to register the Dash on the BlueOcty servers.  Otherwise I guess I'll have to use an Android device as a dedicated alarm clock.

Thanks!  Carl

"You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred" - Superchicken

I have two ... one rebooted due to power flicker and now won't "authenticate"  ...

Won't you need to know Sony's private key to sign any software image that we can load into our Sony Dash units?

HeatfanJohn wrote:

Won't you need to know Sony's private key to sign any software image that we can load into our Sony Dash units?

No, since I'm not changing the system is a way that requires their private key.

I will fully explain how this thing works after the shutdown.

I have a Dash - please keep it alive! thanks

Duane wrote:

Any idea what you're looking at for a date, Duane?  Seems like many of us will lose our service before July 1.

"You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred" - Superchicken

CtCarl wrote:
Duane wrote:

Any idea what you're looking at for a date, Duane?  Seems like many of us will lose our service before July 1.

Well, I've started external testing with a couple of users - I'm targeting the beginning of July.  It may not have everything by that date, but it will keep the devices from being bricks.

Mine also indicated "cannot download the Control Panel"  Solution:  install factory settings. 
I got the dashboard also but when I clicked on the App screen, it opened the app, my favorite - Sky Happenings.
I am concerned that my other Dash may not alarm for me when I need it.  I, too have a crazy schedule and my Dash keeps up with it!
Thank you to all who are trying to help us keep a product that we love!

Hey Duane, I have:

6 chumby classics,
1 chumby one
1 chumby 8
1 C10 Dash

I pay for the monthly service and would be happy to do any testing on the Sony Dash!

Thanks for what you're doing with this.

Sony dash C-10 here I will gladly contribute ($) to keep my unit functioning. Thank you for your effort

Here from /r/SonyDash.

Got a dead Dash last night in the middle of the night, upon reboot goes to "Unable to download control panel".

Would be awesome to breathe some new life into this thing. smile

I have 2- C10s and a B70. One of the C10s was an eBay acquisition and when trying to register it It became stuck with the Mis-Match error, the other is still working today. The B70 has been stuck in an "Authorizing Loop" since yesterday.  I understand that the fix won't bring back the B70 but I hope to keep the C10s working. One feature I'd like to keep is the Day/Night (Very dark) screens. Another is the easy to configure multiple alarm settings.
I've really loved the DASH and am sad to see it abandoned.
I'll keep a sharp eye on the forum.
Thanks

I have four Dash devices and I use three of them currently.

I have 2 dash units and would subscribe both of them if you do decide to support them.

iamdmann wrote:

I have 2 dash units and would subscribe both of them if you do decide to support them.

oh, we're gonna support 'em, beta testing has started.... check the 'success" thread. smile

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.