Topic: Updating firmware.

I just found this site after I updated my dash this morning - am I screwed?

Re: Updating firmware.

nolageek wrote:

I just found this site after I updated my dash this morning - am I screwed?

Hit the top button to bring up the menu bar, hit "Menu", then "System" then "Device Info".

If the entry for "FW" is "1.7.1526" you should be fine.

I installed the update today and still have "FW" at 1.7.1526. Happy and hoping not to own a brick!

4 (edited by demarks51 2017-05-04 07:13:45)

I restarted my Dash and it must have updated the CP on its own and I have the same FW but when I push the top button it shows a message of the end of life for the Dash. Maybe there is not harm in this update.

I guess Sony can say that all working units were informed of the last days.

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.

Don't do the purported "latest" update pushed out by Sony in April-May 2016, it adds the "end of life" disclaimer and makes the Dash loose some functions early, as compared to not doing the update!

kircos wrote:

Don't do the purported "latest" update pushed out by Sony in April-May 2016, it adds the "end of life" disclaimer and makes the Dash loose some functions early, as compared to not doing the update!

What functions are disabled?

My channels no longer dispay, I'm only getting the time and weather pushed out to my unit after doing the purported "latest" update pushed out by Sony. Dash panel where app information was displayed no longer displays anything.

8 (edited by matty 2017-05-05 16:44:47)

I still have 1.7.1526 after the update and full functionality on all three of my dashes.  I would say that if something isn't working properly a soft reset might be in order.

Ah....this is very encouraging.....  I might have done the update....only because that was the only way I could get the dash to function....otherwise, I usually don't update hardware/software that's working fine for me....  Thanks for putting in the effort to keeping the Dash afloat....!!

10 (edited by Placebo 2017-06-08 12:12:24)

I found these posts after attempting to talk with Sony Customer Service, which was the same old song and dance, dodge and avoid. 

After writing on their CS open forum asking if anyone had heard of any class actions suits - they wrote, we PM'd, and then they called without permission, more so... assuming I'd be available when ever they wanted & called.  They wanted me to call back and wait on the typical 45 minute hold, not knowing what they wanted to discuss. 

Anyway... all that to ask - if anyone else has heard directly from Sony and why you think they would offer "further assistance" to me, and what that was?

We have 3 - 4 Dash's, with the latest firmware, WITH the additional sneaky Sony update, somehow, with the end of date message on screen.  Ours still have function with channels /apps. 

I think it's completely unfair though - that Sony took away the only web pages that allow complete control over the dash.  The main Dash page sits there now in  black with red text, with the end of life announcement. 

For Pete's sake... at least give us the complete control they promised with the complete time - until July!