Re: Post in this thread if you have a dash...

jhonryan wrote:

I will miss netflix -- not that I really USED it.  It was just cool to KNOW I could.

I don't think very many people used the video functionality of the dash - the main reason it was there was political within Sony - the division that was assigned this project within Sony was the Bravia TV group so they were pretty much obligated to include the streaming services supported by the TVs.  The dash device basically included the BIVL middleware except the standard Sony "cross bar" UI typical of the PS3 and Bravia TVs circa 2009.

I think I used Netflix on it only a couple of times, because it was a novelty.  I don't think I used any of the other video sources.

I will be attempting to retain the "play video from USB" feature.

The only reason I found out about the end of service for the Dash is because I was unable to change the theme and went to the Sony support site. It's to bad Sony didn't send out a email or give one final firmware update to keep it the Dash in it's current state. I can understand the streaming service no longer working. But it would of been nice if Sony could of kept the rest of the Dash working.
Thanks Duane for giving the Dash hope and answering my original email. I look forward to see what happens in July and adding a chumby and maybe a infocast to my household.

Thanks for keeping the Chumby ecosystem alive.  Own a dash and a Chumby One.  Would love to have an annual subscription option (please).

I have five dash C-10 units.
Just subscribed to the Chumby service in anticipation of you bringing all of our Dash units back to life when Sony shuts them down!

Have and LOVE my dash. please save it!

I have one!  Please save it!

Duane wrote:

I think I used Netflix on it only a couple of times, because it was a novelty.  I don't think I used any of the other video sources.

I will be attempting to retain the "play video from USB" feature.

Pretty much the same with me.  Now that it's going away I've decided to watch Sherlock before that feature dies just "because".

YEP....got my Dash when it came out....it was cutting edge....not so much anymore, of course....it actually self destructed a year after I got it......and Sony replaced for free.....so, even tho it doesn't  know who Siri or Alexa is.... ....I'd like to keep using it....

I got one too.  Thanks for doing this!

One B7 and one C10 here. Also a Chumby One. Excited to keep using my Dash!

Add another C-10 to the list.  I'm willing to try to assist in the effort to get a non-Sony dependent solution to keeping this device alive.  Linux is my playground but not Flash.

I have 3 dashs that I wish to keep going

Thanks
db

I have two dashes, and would love to keep them going.

And if you want to make that LCARS theme available to the rest of us, that would be even more awesome!

I have one C10 Dash, just saw the notice today, first time, then went searching for a solution... Happy to see this thread

I have one.

We have 2 dash C10 units and one Insignia Chumby.  Please keep them all alive

Posting as requested... I have a c10 and my brother does as well, that was gifted to him by me.  We mainly use it for the Alarm clock function, Pandora and shout cast streaming, and of course would love a keep-alive solution.

Sony Dash owner (2 devices) reporting in.

Definitely interested - 2x Dash

Yup Dash here and willing to pay. May I suggest a lifetime fee or yearly option?

Dash owner here as well. I registered just so I could post my support for this project. As others have stated, I went ahead and subscribed because it's the right thing to do for somebody working on keeping my beloved Dash alive. Goodness, I'm glad I'm not the only one that likes my Dash so much. I was so upset when I saw the notice of the cancellation of service. I'm glad I will be able to continue to use my Dash. Thanks Duane!

M0L0TOV

jrose78 wrote:

Yup Dash here and willing to pay. May I suggest a lifetime fee or yearly option?

how long do you plan to live, so we can calculate the proper charge?

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

I have a dash and am interested in keeping it alive...

One more future subscriber.  Also would be great to be able to load programs from a local server.

Two dashes here - would love a solution to keep them functional.