Topic: iHeart problem and sound problem

My problem is that I try to play a iHeart station and no sound and then no sound from any other station coming out of iHeart. I have to restart Chum to play music. iHeart seems to mess with the sound output. ??? If I don't go to iHeart no problem.

2 (edited by leo_keil 2016-07-12 09:30:27)

Re: iHeart problem and sound problem

I've been putting up with that problem for years. A reboot fixes it, but it's still frustrating.

Hmmm, OK, I don't think I've heard of that problem.  I'll see if I can reproduce and determine the cause.  It's possible that IHR is doing something out-of-spec for the music subsystem.

Does it ever reboot, say "Initializing?"
I noticed that symptom with Pandora and "My Music Files", that last just this evening.

Like the above, my classic would shut off the iheart app randomly (usually if I had the sleep timer set to greater than 60 minutes). Rebooting always fixed the problem... however as of yesterday, iheart won't play at all.  Reboots don't help. Any suggestions?

I have no sound on Iheart right now.
Pandora works, but Iheart, no output. I tried different stations.
I am rebooting.
The reboot did not restore function.
I think Iheart is down at least for Chumby.

iheart works fine on my computer, just not Chumby, not sure what happened. Glad to hear it is not just me.

I agree, it works fine on a computer, but no sound on Chumby. This started a day or so ago.

Haven't used iHeart in while but I used to have problems with it losing sound. I would restart and that would fix it.

10 (edited by Steevo Today 07:16:30)

Iheart is still not working. I have rebooted. It just has no sound.
Pandora works.
Is this a server problem? 
Does anyone have Iheart working on chumby today?

11 (edited by demarks51 Today 07:52:21)

I will try to go to iHeart tonight and see what happens. I am curious now. I have my ChumDash where I normally sit and it does not have iHeart available yet. I'll get back with you on this. I do think some stations have been changed from the iHeart side. Even when it worked I would hit a Country station and it would play classic rock or something.
It may be time to recreate the iHeart app. I would like to see YouStreams return as a music choice. Or Music Choice. Amazon Music? Google Music? Any other music app?

I'm investigating the iHeartRadio issue, will let you know what I find out.