Topic: Two Chumby's For Sale

Hello everybody!

I have two Chumby units for sale.

The first unit is an original Chumby, in the Cardinal Red case. It comes with the original manual, original stickers, original canvas bags, original power supply, 2/3rd's of Chumby Charm Set #1, the blue charm bag, and the charm guide. The unit works perfectly and looks great, but the motherboard inside is a very early revision, so you have to manually power it on, and the screen brightness appears to be fixed. Also, the unit has been opened, so the screen can be 'popped out' of the case with ease.

The other unit is an Insignia Infocast NS-DP8CH. All I have for this unit is the original power supply. The unit is in excellent condition and also works perfectly.

No reasonable offers refused. I can be reached at chumbys@nis.gs.

Thanks!

Re: Two Chumby's For Sale

Cardinal ones are pretty rare.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

Newby with an unusual email address. Huh

demarks51 wrote:

Newby with an unusual email address. Huh

Not that unusual - the .gs TLD is available worldwide, and some of there odd TLDs are the only way to get short domains nowadays. This one redirects to a more conventional .com domain.

In this case, I've also directly traded several support emails with this particular customer at that email address.

Thanks Duane!

Yes, the .gs TLD is an unusual one.... I had an email address (aiannone@nis.net) for a little over 20 years before the ISP that owned the domain went out of business. All of my attempts to obtain the domain have failed, so until I can get it back, I am using nis.gs instead....

Anyways, still have both Chumby units (Chumbies? Chumbys?) available. I like them a lot, but no longer need them... so help them find a new, loving home!

Pm me if still available. Lost one of my units by my error.

All interested parties -

Still have both chumbies for sale - and I found the manual for the Infocast 8, so I will throw that in. How about $40 each + S&H, or $70 for both? I hate to see these nifty little boxen just laying around unused....

"the unit has been opened, so the screen can be 'popped out' of the case with ease."

What does this mean? I don't think you want the screen to pop out easily in one sense. Maybe you can clarify.

I'm pretty sure I know about this device - the electronics module is not glued into the leather case, so it can be removed easily.

In the original design of the Classic, we had hoped to have the electronics removable so that you could replace the shell with different skins either from us or third parties.  Late in the manufacturing, we realized that the softer plastic sewn to the leather wasn't firm enough for that, and making it more firm would affect the overall "squeezability".  We reluctantly added glue to hold the bezel to the shell.

There are some units where either the owner or we carefully cut the glue without tearing or overly stretching the softer plastic.  If done well, you can put the electronics in and there's enough holding power to have the unit look normal, but still have the ability to remove the electronics.  This is one of those units.

If this is the one I think it is, it came to me for replacement of a bad motherboard.  It has 3.7 electronics, which is the version with two-level brightness, not the slider.

I'm keen on the cardinal red Chumby. Unfortunately, because you are not a forum regular, there doesn't seem to be any way to contact you privately. Perhaps you could PM me if you're prepared to organise shipping to Australia (it shouldn't be that difficult - surely you can just go to the Post Office with the Chumby packed in a box and ask how much will it cost to ship this surface mail to Sydney, Australia).