Topic: Blank screen... Preview does appear.

As subject says, I have blank screen on my Insignia with 3.5" screen.

I am not subscribed.  Just have been using it as night table clock/alarm.

Alarm works, night mode works, but the regular clock is not working, it displays fine in preview (small image), but when I go to regular screen, all I see is light blue screen with white octopus background with nothing else.

Night mode does work, but the numbers are rather dark and isn't very visible during the day.

Reboot of the unit did not help.

Is there anything else I can try?

Thank you.

Re: Blank screen... Preview does appear.

Hmmm, try clearing the widget cache.  Some data might have gotten corrupted.

Press the top button, then "SETTINGS", then "CHUMBY INFO", then in the upper right, you'll see a very faint "π" (pi) symbol.  Tap that and you'll get to a special screen.  Hit the "CLEAR CACHE" button, then the "REBOOT" button.

Please let me know if that works.

There's also a way, which escapes me, to switch to the lcars clock when using the unsubbed clock.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

diamaunt wrote:

There's also a way, which escapes me, to switch to the lcars clock when using the unsubbed clock.

You just tap on the lower left icon - that selects the LCARS clock.  It should remember.

Thanks a LOT!  Clearing the cache resolved the issue.

I did not know about that PI symbol before.  Oddly hidden.

The "pi" area is where our engineers put stuff when the product managers thought a feature was too geeky.

Like a lot of things hidden in the chumby ecosystem, it has two movie references - the "pi" comes from "The Net", and the header on the screen comes from the original "TRON".

hpark21 wrote:

Thanks a LOT!  Clearing the cache resolved the issue.

I did not know about that PI symbol before.  Oddly hidden.

take a look through this page on the wiki:
http://wiki.chumby.com/index.php?title=Chumby_tricks

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

8 (edited by Drick 2020-02-09 02:01:31)

Duanee wrote:

The "pi" area is where our engineers put stuff when the product managers thought a feature was too geeky.

Like a lot of things hidden in the chumby ecosystem, it has two movie references - the "pi" comes from "The Net", and the header on the screen comes from the original "TRON".

Thanks diamaunt. I had the same problem but I got it fixed thanks to your posts.