1 (edited by demarks51 2016-07-07 08:08:50)

Topic: Shoutcast not working

I am probably late to the party but Shoutcast is not working. It not only does not work on Chumbys but it also does not work on my Sony Dash which makes me think Shoutcast itself is down or down with their service to these type of units.

Update: Seems Shoutcast is back up this morning. At least on my Chumby One at work. There are some broken connections to stations but with the number of stations available it is understandable. Hopefully my units at home will be back up this evening.

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.

Re: Shoutcast not working

Yeah, I was just trying shoutcast.com (the site), and it was not working reliably.  Seems like something on their end.

I'll keep an eye on it and see if I can figure out if there's something I can do about it.

The fact that it was not working with chumbys and dashes made me think that Shoutcast is having problems or is changing something.
Last  night I was just trying to do a search and I was getting not results for whatever I put in the box. My Chumby One seems to be working for now. I am going to check with my C8 and Dash when I get home.
Post something if you find out anything.

Just checked the SHOUTcast developer forums - they indeed had an outage yesterday, was fixed a few hours ago.

Since we cache some SHOUTcast search results on our server, it might take a couple of hours for them to clear out.

C8 works fine now.

Shoutcast is down again today.

Hmmm, working for me.

Okay working again 12:25pm cdt today.
I guess it is possible that internet may be going in and out.