Re: Yelp widget is not working

sweh wrote:
Duane wrote:

Now they're actively blocking our server.

Maybe an "anti-abuse" rate limiter?

Maybe - whatever the reason, they're responding with a 503 to requests from that server.  I've tried from other servers and the request is processed.  Unfortunately, this particular server is the one that handles these kinds of things, and I'm not sure I want to tilt another one up just to get around it for one feed.

We can wait a bit to see if it gets "unblocked".

I'll talk with the widget developer to see if there's another way to handle this functionality.

The change they had made was to add click analytics to pretty much every link on the page - so absolutely everything you do there is tracked.

Yeah, click analytics. Because we now have a good enough network connection so they can. 

What's the IP of the server you are connecting to them from? I know a guy at Yelp. He may help. He's not that responsive but I have discussed things with him.

I got back to the other location. Chumby on the desk in front of me.
This one plays Yelp, it was configured long ago, and it is working, but it does say
UNDEFINED
It's playing recent reviews for Fullerton, Ca.
But it does not say what business these recent reviews pertain to.
I would call that non-functional.
Oh well.

Steevo wrote:

I got back to the other location. Chumby on the desk in front of me.
This one plays Yelp, it was configured long ago, and it is working, but it does say
UNDEFINED
It's playing recent reviews for Fullerton, Ca.
But it does not say what business these recent reviews pertain to.
I would call that non-functional.
Oh well.

Same here.

Yelp seems to be working fine but the undefined business names is making this widget useless.  I hope it can be resolved.  Thanks!

The problem is the feed is no longer available, and the feeds that are available are worthless for chumby use.
Oh well, I think Yelp is dead unless someone can cajole Yelp into giving us a usable feed.