Topic: Windows 10 is now being installed automatically without permission

Make sure that you have recommended updates disabled if you use Windows 7, or else you might get a "happy surprise". I have no idea why they'd do it with all the backlash they'll get, but I guess it's worth it if an executive somewhere gets a bonus based on adoption numbers.

http://news.slashdot.org/story/16/03/12 … dows-7-pcs

I run Windows 7 on my Thinkpad T41, and got hit by this since the CPU in the ThinkPad won't support a version of Windows higher than 7, it tried to update and ends up blue screening whenever it starts. I still have to reinstall Windows 7 on it.

Re: Windows 10 is now being installed automatically without permission

It is a shame that Microsoft has resorted to this tactic instead of trying to understand why people do not want to upgrade and addressing those concerns. I only have one PC still running any version of Windows (7). I need it so I can run Adobe Creative Suite (actually purchased). It is no longer is allowed to access the internet however. Because I only use it for Adobe CS it is not a big hardship. I can see where not being connected to the internet would not work in most other situations.

Tar, feathers, congress. Some assembly required.