Topic: Chumby activity for 2015?

Since it's getting close to the end of the year, and you've had nearly two years of renewed services for Chumbys, I'm just curious on what the activity looks like.

For example, how many Chumby devices are still connecting to the servers, even without subscription? How many of them are paying for subscriptions now? Any idea how many devices there were at its peak, and what that looks like now?

Looking around on the Internet, you really cannot find many Chumby devices for sale. So I'm guessing that either a lot of people who owned them discarded them, or that so many people are using them today that they won't depart from them.

Re: Chumby activity for 2015?

As someone who has had an Ebay search for "Chumby" and "Infocast" running for about two years now, I'd say that there is a steady trickle of devices for sale coming onto Ebay. I get a notification two or three times a week. And, of course, Ebay is not the only sales portal in the world.

Don't forget about us fans that are hoarding Chumbys and Infocasts. I have six total and know several people have more than me.

Tar, feathers, congress. Some assembly required.

BoloMKXXVIII wrote:

Don't forget about us fans that are hoarding Chumbys and Infocasts. I have six total and know several people have more than me.

Hmmm.... I think I have a problem.

Linux Guy - Occasional Chumby Hacker

BoloMKXXVIII wrote:

Yeah, somehow I've got nine, and I'm still on the lookout for a few more. I have more Chumbys than I do rooms... Is that when it becomes a problem?

steelpaw wrote:

Yeah, somehow I've got nine, and I'm still on the lookout for a few more. I have more Chumbys than I do rooms... Is that when it becomes a problem?

not until you have more chumbys than you have electrical outlets wink

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

big_smile