Topic: Touch screen issues with recent update?

I updated my Chumby recently and I've started to notice an issue with the touch screen.  I'm using onMouseDown/onMouseUp events along with _xmouse/_ymouse.  It seems like sometimes I receive the mouseDown in one area of the screen followed by a mouseDown in another area of the screen (from another touch) without receiving the mouseUp between the two.  Although this could be an issue on my end, I haven't noticed this prior to the update and I haven't changed my touch code is a few weeks.

Also maybe semi-related, I also noticed today that my screen is getting pretty hot.  Under normal operation, how warm should the screen get?

Thanks,

tom

Re: Touch screen issues with recent update?

I spent some more time looking into this today.  I verified that movieclip onMouseUp and onMouseDown events are lost when the user:

1) tap one area of the screen (tap + "release")
2) quickly tap another area of the screen and hold (tap + hold)

onMouseDown is called for the first tap but onMouseUp is not called for the first "release".  onMouseDown for the 2nd tap is not called.  onMouseUp is called after "releasing" the tap + hold.  The end result is my widget thinks it's still in a "down" state from the first tap.

Could this be fps-related? Dunno.  I'm running at 12 fps.

I was able to code around this by checking to see if (_xmouse, _ymouse) is in the vicinity of where I think it should be.  If not, I simulate an "up" in my virtual dpad code and continue processing the "down".

Again, this behavior may not be new but I noticed it right away after I performed the recent chumby upgrade.

tom

Re: Touch screen issues with recent update?

i've noticed the screen gets pretty hot also...