Topic: Approval process for new widgets?

I submitted a new widget last week, and although I can access it, it isn't available for anyone else, even though I did make it public.

I'm presuming that someone at Blue Octy Towers needs to review and approve it, so I looked in the Wiki to see what's what.

There is a section in the Table of Contents called 'Adding Your Widget to the Chumby Network' and a subsection of that called 'Approval process' but neither have links / pages attached.

Anyone enlighten me?

Re: Approval process for new widgets?

Yeah, the way the system works, I have to mark it available for public access - your checkbox is basically telling me what you want it to be.

What's the widget name?

EDIT - never mind found it, made it public.

Thanks Duane.

Does the system tell you when a new app is awaiting approval, or should I send you a message whenever I publish something new? And similarly, does the system tell you when an author has updated an app, and needs reviewing again, or again do I need to send a message?

REALLY pleased to see you (and my Chumby) back again :-)

I think you should probably send me a message for now.  I'll work on a better way to get notified.

Normally, an updated widget goes "private" again to prevent Trojans - it would stay in the existing channels, but would disappear from the catalog until promoted to public again.

If you find you can't reach me for some reason, diamaunt also has the power to promote widgets to public.

Duane wrote:

If you find you can't reach me for some reason, diamaunt also has the power to promote widgets to public.

with great power, etc. etc.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

Thanks guys.

ok ok tell us what it is!?!

http://www.chumby.com/guide/C6B12705-84 … 023/widget

A favorite podcast of mine. This is a countdown app to when it streams live. It has a config widget so you can vary the start time.

If that link above doesn't work, just 'browse apps' and search for 'dtns'.

www.dailytechnewsshow.com - spread the word