Topic: Annual subscriptions PLEASE!

This is the 3rd time my bank has charged me $35 for forgetting to pay my bill.  The ONLY thing charged to this card is the $3/mo sub fee for Chumby, and I forget about it constantly.

You talked about looking into this way back.  Can you readdress it?  I have paid $105 in FEES for this.  Something like $30/year or even $36/yr would be paid immediately!!!

Once a year would work well.  I used to pay $30 to the card and let them draw as needed keeping a negative balance, but the new rules are they must return negative balances by check, withing 60 days.

Thanks!

Re: Annual subscriptions PLEASE!

It's next on my list of things to do.

In the meantime, you could put your Chumby to work for its keep.
Set up a Google calendar account and add reminder [events] to pay the card to your calendar. Then add the Google calendar widget to one of your most-watched Chumby channels.
The reminders will show up on your Chumby, you will remember to pay the card, so no more fees.

Also, with most banks these days you can set it up to get emails or text reminders.

Tar, feathers, congress. Some assembly required.

What several people are doing is use those pre-paid $50 Visa gift cards you can get at any supermarket - they're accepted by Stripe.  you can even spend the balance if you decide to cancel.

Sorry this is taking so long - Real Work is taking a lot of time at the moment due to the upcoming Mobile World Conference.  Me and hundreds of other developers getting last minute requests for changes....

It's ok.  What I have done is do an autopay for $3 from checking to the credit card on 15th of month

Don't know why I didn't do that up front.   That was dumb.

If you make annual prepayments non-recurring, it'd be drop-dead simple to accept Bitcoin as well (and the fees are a lot less too, only 0.5%). With (non-recurring) Stripe Checkout, it's literally a one-line change in the "stripe-button" script, and then Stripe handles the Bitcoin collection and exchange to USD stuff.

Of course, you might only have a single Bitcoin using customer, so it's not like it should be high on your priority list tongue