Topic: Photobucket app

Does the Photobucket onboard the I8 under pictures work without having a subscription to the Chumby service? Just wondering. I remember using it before I changed over to morph my unit to the C8 cp.

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.

Re: Photobucket app

I'm not sure if it works at all anymore.  I think I tried to use it a few months ago and I was never able to get it to pull from my account.

Re: Photobucket app

I took the plunge and reverted my morphed i8 and retroed back to insignia firmware to see if photobucket worked. Wow it does work. Vids dont seem to work because they dont meet specs to show on unit. Internal vids work. I see now that insignia is good on pics and some vids but you give up some music sources. C8 firmware was good to increase music sources but you lose some picture options. Wish we could have best of both in either model. I am content to lose some music sources to gain the photobucket and network sharing of pictures. I also regained access to internal memory. I can now see pics I downloaded to the internal memory before I morphed to c8 cp. Answered my own question.

Now I need a c8 to work with. Never had a Real c8.

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.