Topic: Chumby one power supply for Europe

My two supplies are now dead (RIP). I tried several multi adapters, but there was no DC-adapter included for a device such the one. The adapter size is 3,2mm x 09,mm. Is that correct? I have not found a supply with a DC-adapter like this. Can you help me to find the correct one for european use? Thanks smile

Re: Chumby one power supply for Europe

We actually have them in stock, if you're willing to pay for the shipping costs to Europe

http://www.thechumbystore.com/chumby-on … er-supply/

The cheaper alternative is to graft the barrel connector from one of your dead supplies to some other 5V 2A supply, which should not be hard to find.

Hi Duane
Thanks for the offer, but I used your second idea and it's working fine for me. big_smile

btw. It's funny. No shop offers a jack with this size...

SvenC wrote:

Hi Duane
Thanks for the offer, but I used your second idea and it's working fine for me. big_smile

btw. It's funny. No shop offers a jack with this size...

they're unusual, that's for sure.  we've found a source at digikey over here. there may be others. specifically:

# CP-017-ND for a 3.2mm x 0.9mm solder-on connector tip

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

Hi SvenC,

I'm based in the UK and have just resurrected my Chumby One which died a couple of years ago due to the power supply failing.  I followed the advice in Sky123's post:

http://forum.chumby.com/viewtopic.php?pid=47894#p47894

and purchased a 5V 2A android tablet charger (UK plug) via Ebay.  The connector is slimmer that the Chumby One connector, but if you place a small piece of card at the bottom edge of the socket it pushes the small pin upwards and gives a reliable connection.  The adapters are priced between £3-£5 so seem a pretty good solution. 

Note: I also tried making a temporary power lead by converting a usb lead and attaching the power connector from the original Chumby One power supply.  This worked OK connected to a 1.5A USB port on another device, but I wasn't able to charge the back-up battery properly (due to lower power of the USB port I suppose).  I didn't have any power supplies with 2A usb ports so wasn't able to fix the battery charging problem.  Hence, I tried the android charger instead.