Topic: unsubsribed LCARS clock disappeared?

Recently my wife's chumby went 'white'. Looking closely, I see a faint blue squidly friend. Control panel works, nite mode works, just the clock is missing. Has something changed w/ support of unsubscribed chumbies? REloading the 'unsubscribed' channel seems to do nothing.

Re: unsubsribed LCARS clock disappeared?

Have you tried reconnecting to your network? I've had some problems when I haven't done this.

There have been no recent server-side changes with regard to unsubscribed users.

The "Unsubcribed clock" is actually served from Amazon S3, not the chumby servers, unlike the rest of the apps.

UPDATE - I have confirmed that Amazon S3 is not currently experiencing any outages in any of its regions as of this posting.

4 (edited by reedstrm 2014-10-07 13:54:06)

I've reconnected to the network multiple times. THe control panel successfully downloads, and works. The night clock works. Just no LCARS. I'll check it again tonight, try routing via my phone hot-spot to take my home network out of the picture. BTW, thanks for the rapid response - sorry I wasn't on top of it then!

I'll try to do more research on my end as well.

I can consistently get a network connection, download the control panel (progress bar) that completes, then says 'initializing' and 'checking netowrk status', then goes to the blank screen. The top button takes me to the control panel. It says 'Unsubscribed" on the top line. Going to channel say "Current channel of 1 channels: Unsubscribed" the Info button goes to the listing, then selecting info spins briefly, then returns to the channels config screen.

If I boot with an extra USB stick w/ a profile.xml and a couple extra goofy swf apps, those load and play in rotation. The control panel claims I have 4 apps, the three from the usb, and 'clock', which doesn't operate.

Is there some way to get at logs?

If this is something other than a CC, it might be a corrupt widget cache.

Try SSHing into the device and do the commands:

stop_control_panel
rm -rf /mnt/storage/widgetcache
sync; reboot; exit

There is a way to see a log:

stop_control_panel
chumbyflashplayer.x -i /tmp/controlpanel.swf

CC? It's a stock Chumby One. I'll give that a try (goes to refresh memory on how to ssh in ... ah yes this is familiar)

Duane, You Da Man! Woohoo! Clearing the cache did it! Thanks thanks thanks. BTW, there's an easier way: there's a big "Clear Cache" button on the 'Hidden Screen" where I had to go to start sshd anyway. Which I figured out after doing it the manual way. I verified that it does in fact clear the widget cache, though.

reedstrm wrote:

Duane, You Da Man! Woohoo! Clearing the cache did it! Thanks thanks thanks. BTW, there's an easier way: there's a big "Clear Cache" button on the 'Hidden Screen" where I had to go to start sshd anyway. Which I figured out after doing it the manual way. I verified that it does in fact clear the widget cache, though.

I can't see the 'clear cache' button. Where exactly is it again? I've lost my clock too and some things seem to be off. I think a cache clear will help.