Topic: I am having a channel issue anyone else?

I have recently upgraded my chumby to the latest firmware. Now i am stuck with an alarm clock and that is all. I have removed my channels and readded the channels but the widgets will not show. If i go to the setup and select the channel and click the i it displays my widgets but i cant display them on my chumby.
I am lost.
Thanks for any help

Re: I am having a channel issue anyone else?

When you go to the Control Panel does the top left hand corner say "Not Activated".

That is what mine has been doing since last night.

Same situation here!

oh man, mine is on its way to me right now... if it doesn't work when it gets here, i WILL cry

I got an email saying they knew about it, and were working on it.

The problem is something related to the "Server Uptime" widget.  Remove that widget from your channels and it should start working again.

We're looking into what happened - it's probably not the widget itself but rather some database problem.

Hmm, I disabled the uptime widget but I'm still getting a black screen and no available channels in my channel list. Everything else seems to be working (i.e. the control panel).

Should I leave it on and hope it sorts itself out, or should I just shut it down until I get the go-ahead that the problem's solved?

johnhattan wrote:

Hmm, I disabled the uptime widget but I'm still getting a black screen and no available channels in my channel list. Everything else seems to be working (i.e. the control panel).

Should I leave it on and hope it sorts itself out, or should I just shut it down until I get the go-ahead that the problem's solved?

Please try a reboot - if the system still fails, please contact Support.

Okay, I'm working now. I have a custom "send messages to my chumby" widget that I'd been working on. It works quite similarly to the uptime widget, talking to a little piece of PHP code on my site that grabs the messages.

I presume the same thing that was shutting down Chumbies (Chumbys?) with the uptime widget was also shutting down my chumby, only with my messaging widget.