Topic: iheart drops

Seems after running Iheart radio for about 10-15 min sound stops. No sound no matter what radio I chose. Restart solves problem. Did it 3-4 times last couple of days. Play pandora and no problem.

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.

Re: iheart drops

iheartradio connects directly between the device and the streaming station when you play.  We only proxy the directory information.

3 (edited by demarks51 2014-09-22 07:05:10)

But why would it turn the sound off for the I3.5 so I can't hear any other music option until I reboot? iow-once iheart shuts off sound I cannot then go to Pandora (silent).

So *none* of the music sources work after this happens?

Yes. When iHeart volume goes out, all other music sources (Pandora, Shoutcast, etc) are silent. I then have to reboot and all is good again. I have had this happen on an I3.5 and a CC. Have not tested it on my C1 or I8.

Do you have external speakers or are you using the internal speaker?  When it gets in the state, can you try an alarm with one of the standard sounds?  Can you try one of the widgets that makes sounds?

I'm trying to find out if the problem is that the media player is hosed, or the sound system, or the speaker muting.

7 (edited by demarks51 2014-09-23 08:44:09)

I will test it next time and let you know. I played iHeart last night for quite a while last night without issue so it may been an anomaly. Don't want you to be chasing phantoms.
The units that were doing this do not use external speakers. I have one cc that uses external speakers but I have not tested that one yet.