Topic: Generic RSS Reader by chumby

I use the Generic chumby RSS reader quite a bit.  I have noticed that it will pull down most headlines just fine but it often has trouble with images.  Maybe it is due to the type of feed or image format.  An example from my local newspaper feed: http://rssfeeds.thenewsstar.com/monroe/news&x=1  Can this invaluable widget be refreshed or modernized?

Re: Generic RSS Reader by chumby

I'd really like to see this as well. Other RSS feeds I've found that aren't handled well: Pinterest and Garmin Connect activities feed. Garmin is especially sad to me - the tiny images of my running routes display, but not much else.

Updated the Chumby RSS Reader.

@Plank
- try the feed you mentioned - should display images now.

@thgirws
- Pinterest images should display now.
- the format of the Garmin Connect feed gives the widget grief. specifically, in the <description> there is one <td colspan=2 valign="top"> where the colspan value is not wrapped in quotes. flash html textfield is not happy about it. easy to fix, but specific to that feed, and even with the fix applied, the stats are simply dumped into the textfield. better than nothing, but perhaps a separate widget should get created with the fix and with a layout better suited to displaying stats.

It works!.  You Chumbians are great!

Awesome, thanks! I hadn't been paying much attention to my Chumby in a while but I noticed the other day my Pinterest feed was looking improved.