Topic: Bug? Every reboot using Ethernet causes date/time input

Upon poweroff and poweron, it asks for date/time

This is a CC  (The latte one I bought a few weeks ago from the store).

Is this normal?

Re: Bug? Every reboot using Ethernet causes date/time input

Please check if the "set time from the Internet" button is checked

Is the device working otherwise?

Duane wrote:

Please check if the "set time from the Internet" button is checked

Is the device working otherwise?

Yes, perfectly other than time, connected on wired ethernet  smile

And, yes, internet time is checked on.

could you verify the sw that it's using?

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

sure, I just got it from the chumby store, so assuming the latest...From the Chumby info screen:

HW: 3.7 SW: 1.7.3 FW: 4094

just checking.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

Hmmm, that's odd.  Does it do this on Wifi?  If so, then I'll have to swap it out.

I have had this same problem with one of my CCs, bought new from Internode. It has always asked for the time and date upon powerup, even with the 'set time from internet' box checked. In the past, it has usually sorted itself out to display the correct time if just left alone, but recently (last week or the week before) it flat out wouldn't set the time from the internet, despite me checking and unchecking the box a number of times (this has worked in the past). Eventually, it set the time correctly after I changed the time zone to California and back.
It's connected via ethernet and running HW: 3.8 SW: 1.7.2 FW: 1830.
My other original CC, also from Internode, never had this problem. It's packed away now, so I can't get its details.

I've also been seeing this issue on my CC recently, but not consistently. I suspect that it's due to not getting a DHCP lease quickly enough, so not being connected to the internet when it tries to set the time, but that's pure speculation.

I've found that, once the network connection is up, going to the Time/Date settings panel then UNchecking "Set time from the internet", followed immediately by checking it again, causes the time to update.

This is still happenning to me, every reboot causes the time/date to be requested

The problem I have has been exacerbated by the fact I now have to power restart every 3-4 days due to the bug I just posted in the other thread about clockgoing back to default clock